Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

to brembo or not to brembo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 PM
5ohwhoa

Originally Posted by Spd2Stang
My mistake, i read that article thinking they were only talking about 11's w/ brembos not all 11's in general.

You posted right under someone who has already stated that anyway. Also read my sig i already have the brembo's.
I wasn't addressing you with the second part of that, that was directed towards the OP.

For an open track event, according to some mags, if you are doing multiple hot laps you will need to upgrade even the std brembo package.
Yessir. The pads that come with the Brembos aren't designed to withstand multiple laps without heavy fade. You'd be best served by installing a set of high performance pads before you track it.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

well, it certainly seems worth it to me after all of your input, i will probably go for the brembos. and as was stated earlier, the cost of wheels and tires that size will be more than the package itself!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 PM
JV Doose
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
well, it certainly seems worth it to me after all of your input, i will probably go for the brembos. and as was stated earlier, the cost of wheels and tires that size will be more than the package itself!
good decision. tracking the car or not i would always love to have more brake than not. plus like u said its a steal for all u get with the upgrade!

i love my brembo pkg 5.0 =]
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM
johnnyv555

Couple of things...the MSRP on the Brembo option is only 1695 from the factory, I put Brembos on my 1990 notchback that I built to race in SCCA events and spent twice that doing it aftermarket, and thats before taking in the fact that includes really great looking wheels. Prior to buying this Mustang, one of the first things I would do is buy wheels and tires but I love the way these wheels look, so considering those two factors and add the added resale value I think the Brembo pkg is a great value. I know 19" tires are more expensive but 18" look too small on this body style and 20" are too big for my tastes...but to each his own. Dealers are dealing on the 2011 Mustangs so make sure you get a deal, if you feel like your not, get up and walk out, they'll either panic and deal or find another store!! Ford Motor Credit has low finance rates too and rebates on the 2011 Mustangs so make sure you get it all!!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Paid invoice for my car 1400 for brembos... No brainer...
Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Chevelle Man
1st Gear Member

Can someone please post pictures of the wheels that come with the Brembos

thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chevelle Man
Can someone please post pictures of the wheels that come with the Brembos

thanks

Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 PM
SandMan123
1st Gear Member

Hopefully some people start upgrading their brembo wheels so I can buy them.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Chevelle Man
1st Gear Member

nice!!!!! I can pass on the CS special, especially since they really limit your color options with it...but the car definitely is gonna be an auto, these brakes/wheels aren't available on auto cars either??
Old 11-29-2010, 02:15 PM
big red one

Im taking delivery of my car this Saturday and I have specified the Brembro option too, I thought the price was great as well.

I also prefer the look of them, lol

Now its snowing here in the UK so maybe i need to put some winter tires on!

So the question is, if I use these wheels with a winter tire, what do you guys recommend

or

If I buy some 19inch wheels for winter use, does anyone have experience of buying wheels that will clear the Brembro's

ian

Quick Reply: to brembo or not to brembo?