Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 5.0 Rough Manual Shift

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Mixednuts
2nd Gear Member

Default Updates Please

I have been watching this thread for sometime. I have talked to several Ford dealers who deny any knowledge of a transmission problem.

I have been considering a 2011 or 2012. However, I do not want to purchase until I know the issues in the 2011 have been addressed and not carried over to the 2012.

Updates Please

-J
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM
jmatero
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mixednuts
I have been watching this thread for sometime. I have talked to several Ford dealers who deny any knowledge of a transmission problem.

I have been considering a 2011 or 2012. However, I do not want to purchase until I know the issues in the 2011 have been addressed and not carried over to the 2012.

Updates Please

-J
2012 Mustang Rough Shifting Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Mikado463
2nd Gear Member

hey 'Mixed'.......I hope your're not 'nuts' enough to do business with the Ford Dealers you so mentioned !!! For any Ford dealer to deny knowledge of shifting issues, etc is a complete useless idiot !

Last edited by Mikado463; 04-27-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Mixednuts
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikado463
hey 'Mixed'.......I hope your're not 'nuts' enough to do business with the Ford Dealers you so mentioned !!! For any Ford dealer to deny knowledge of shifting issues, etc is a complete useless idiot !

I little nuts but not crazy. They all tell me the Sythetic Oil Change is the fix.

I don't think so?

-J
Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Mixednuts
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmatero
Thanks

-J
Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

With some help from Mr Matero here, I got in touch with the Ford rep on another forum. She put me in touch with another Ford rep who is taking care of the dealership, approving work and rental cars, etc.

Scheduled to get the TSB done first, with just the fluid change....specifically because of Mr Matero's problems. I don't want it disassembled unless it has to be.

Had a little FUBAR last weekend when I drove 5 hours to the dealership. They couldn't look at it and didn't know it was coming. That kind of pissed me off a bit....$4.47 a gallon for gas and all.

@ jmatero: Jesus, dude. Saw your videos and that sucks *****. I'd be furious...
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

good for you, i purchased dual clutch fluid and food the tsp the next day. **** is $109 for 3 quarts!! it works though, sooooo much better, but i also replied the clutch with a super twin and ditch the 2 piece drive shaft, put in the barton shifter bracket and the steeda tri ax
Old 04-30-2011, 12:32 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I little nuts but not crazy. They all tell me the Sythetic Oil Change is the fix.

I don't think so?

-J
Some say it works....some say BS...who knows?? It cheaper then changing the chinese made trasnny

TSB
http://stangnation.com/technical-sup...ting-problems/
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
mowenski

Well, since I started this thread back in November, I've been happy to see good discussion and thought I would give an update on my situation. I discovered the TSB on the tranny fluid replacement and carried the printout to my local Ford dealer. He replied 'Oh, Yeah - I've done a few of these'. No problems getting the fluid swap and now I need to see how it behaves. Will update on my testing. Thanks and let's keep this open to alert others if any more decisions come from Ford on this issue.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

I'll update a bit too. Had the TSB done last weekend. The Ford rep and the dealership were all great to work with.

With something like this, it's hard to remember the dealers are hamstrung by Ford...and can't really do anything until the proper buttons are pushed.

Thanks to jmatero, the ball is rolling.

Regrettably, I don't think the fluid swap is the fix. Maybe coincidentally, 5th is now hard to get into gear after the swap. It was never an issue before.

Was 40F Monday morning, and she made me force her into 2nd and 3rd as usual....good news is we're warming up. 80F on the way home today and it was buttershift.

5th is an issue now regardless of the temperature. No bueno. That wasn't it.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 Rough Manual Shift