Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Mustang 5.0 Intake Rating

Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 PM
BiGMooS

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I was thinking that AM used the Airaid CAI but I may be wrong.
i guess at one point .

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-m...r-intakes.html
Old 01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
NoRegrets89

I bought the Steeda CAI. My opinion Steeda makes the best CAI.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The differences in performance from one tune-required CAI to another is very minor and difficult to determine from typical dyno variance. Each manufacturer obviously goes overboard on their stated gains. Buy based on what suits your eyes and wallet.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

I got the C&L ill let you know how that ends up, but I feel like it is one of the best out there.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
The differences in performance from one tune-required CAI to another is very minor and difficult to determine from typical dyno variance. Each manufacturer obviously goes overboard on their stated gains. Buy based on what suits your eyes and wallet.

+1...there is a finite amount of air a N/A cylinder can take in on the intake stroke...all of the CAI's can easily supply that without restriction...when going to F/I...more research needs to be done...
Old 01-27-2011, 02:42 PM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Got the Steeda CAI and Tune and I love it. Best first mods on any car/truck I've owned. I also think Ford left a good deal of power hidden in the PCM so they could add a few ponies each year without changing anything mechanical.

Waiting for Gus at Steeda to get back on 2-1-11 so I can get the 395 RWHP tune file. I guess it's 395 RWHP with just the CAI and Tune and 93 Octane.

Steeda broke out an 11.99 quarter at 115 with just the CAI, Tune, and Nitto's - The driver, whoever that was, is a real hot shoe and hit a 1.72 60' time with stock suspension. Can't wait for the snow to thaw. Street Legal/Test N' Tune night starts 3-30-11 at Indianapolis Raceway Park (known these days as Lucas Oil RP). Weather permitting I will be there. I'm adding some NTO5's first so I don't make a fool out of myself first day at the track! LOL!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wproctor411
Got the Steeda CAI and Tune and I love it. Best first mods on any car/truck I've owned. I also think Ford left a good deal of power hidden in the PCM so they could add a few ponies each year without changing anything mechanical.

Waiting for Gus at Steeda to get back on 2-1-11 so I can get the 395 RWHP tune file. I guess it's 395 RWHP with just the CAI and Tune and 93 Octane.

Steeda broke out an 11.99 quarter at 115 with just the CAI, Tune, and Nitto's - The driver, whoever that was, is a real hot shoe and hit a 1.72 60' time with stock suspension. Can't wait for the snow to thaw. Street Legal/Test N' Tune night starts 3-30-11 at Indianapolis Raceway Park (known these days as Lucas Oil RP). Weather permitting I will be there. I'm adding some NTO5's first so I don't make a fool out of myself first day at the track! LOL!
I am back PM me your processor code, tuner serial number, and your email address to get you the update.

Rear wheel horsepower will vary from car to car, but on manual transmission cars we have been consistently seeing over 400 to the wheels with our latest updates.

Here are some comments I recently got via email from a local customer who had our original, and now our new updated tunes.

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:57 PM
To: gus@steeda.com
Subject: Re: Steeda Tune

Gus:

The new tune is nothing but AWESOME!!! What a difference... Don't know exactly what things you changed compared to the previous version, but it is more than noticable. More power, more torque, better trottle response...

I also posted a nice new thread and compliments on "The Mustang Source"... here's the link if you're interested:
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...wesome-491233/

Thanks again for e-mailing me the updated tune. Your team has done a tremendous job with this new tune!!!

Once again, thanks for such a wonderful customer experience... you got me as a customer for life!

Here is a dyno sheet from a car we did last month with the latest tuning.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
big red one

Hi Gus

can you PM me with a cost for the CAI and tune for export to the UK, thanks

ian
Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Silver5Oh

It seems like you cant go wrong with any of the major 4, Steeda, C&L, AirRaid, JLT. Just depends where you wanna spend your money. I went with Steeda only because i got it used for $200.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I mounted up the AirRaid in my car, when I first got it, my but dyno noticed no increases in performance. When I got my tune that factored in the Airraid, I loaded it up and my butt dyno definitely felt a significant increase in power!

Goes to show that a CAI is utterly useless without a tune to make it work!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang 5.0 Intake Rating