Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Installed Roush Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Default Installed Roush Exhaust

I just finished installing the Roush axle backs on my car. It sounds awesome. I am very impressed with the quality of the exhaust and the sound. After reading reviews I was unsure how it would sound, but I am very happy with it. It is loud under acceleration, but tame at idle. I have only heard the magnaflows in person other than my roushes, but comparing the two I definitely prefer the roushes. The magnaflows are definitely deeper, however.

Just thought I'd let everyone know my opinion.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:45 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

So uh..... I know there is a video to follow, right??
Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 AM
D_hof_07_V6
1st Gear Member

with any luck ill have my Roush's on tmw!!! im so excted
Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Cyder

Did you do the install yourself? How difficult was it and how long did it take? I'm debating whether to tackle this myself(no real mechanic skills) or to go to my local muffler shop since it still really cold out. The install instructions seem to be pretty straight forward.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:39 PM
95PreludeSi
1st Gear Member

I was torn between the Flowmaster ATs and the Roush. I went with the ATs, and they sound fantastic, but they really drone badly on the freeway in 6th. Makes me wonder if I should have purchased the Roush exhaust instead. How is the drone? Most say there is none.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
D_hof_07_V6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cyder
Did you do the install yourself? How difficult was it and how long did it take? I'm debating whether to tackle this myself(no real mechanic skills) or to go to my local muffler shop since it still really cold out. The install instructions seem to be pretty straight forward.
Yes, very simple. The most difficult thing I've done on a car was install a CAI and oil changes. The install took about 3 hrs, just cause the stock mufflers were a pain to take off. The installation of the Roush's took about 30ish minutes. Not only easy, but u can be proud to say you made ur five oh sound like a beautiful monster! Lol. And yes absolutely no drone. Anywhere.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Cyder

Originally Posted by D_hof_07_V6
Yes, very simple. The most difficult thing I've done on a car was install a CAI and oil changes. The install took about 3 hrs, just cause the stock mufflers were a pain to take off. The installation of the Roush's took about 30ish minutes. Not only easy, but u can be proud to say you made ur five oh sound like a beautiful monster! Lol. And yes absolutely no drone. Anywhere.
Hmm now the question remains if I wanna bear the cold weather haha. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
DanB2398

The Roush is awsome no drone at all love them. Had them on like an hour well worth it. People on here told me to go with the roush over the flowmaster i am glad i listened
Old 01-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Didn't realize my thread got this much attention...

I love the Roush mufflers and there is absolutely zero drone with my manual. The install took about two hours, the hardest part was taking the stock mufflers off. As someone said above putting the Roushes on was very simple. I did it without even having to lift the car... just laid on my back and slid under...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Cyder

I got them installed yesterday. Wow. All I have to say. I went to a shop to get them put on as I didn't want to bear the cold haha. But 20 minutes later and I was out the door. THey sound and look fantastic.

Quick Reply: Installed Roush Exhaust