Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Rear Wheel hop in my new 5.0 Brembo with 3.73's

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Kalstang

Default Rear Wheel hop in my new 5.0 Brembo with 3.73's

Hi everyone. I'm happy to say I took delivery of my new Mustang a week back. The weather out in Vancouver British Columbia is cool and wet. Everytime I punch it the rear end bounces up and down severely. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. If there is nothing wrong with the car then what could be a fix to this problem?

Thanks so much in advance,

Kal
Old 01-18-2011, 02:44 AM
zilla8
1st Gear Member

My car wheel hopped bad at the track but I'm glad to say It's cured now.

I just got full suspension done yesterday and what eleminated the hop was the adjustable upper control arm along with the billet LCA from UPR

they set my pinion angle and dialed in my suspension and like magic no more hop.There has been a lot of debate as to what you need to get rid of it but my tuner said it was the pinion angle adjustment that helped get the wheels planted.

I can now launch my car and although I get wheel spin there is no hop at all.

oh and Congrats on the new Stang
Old 01-18-2011, 05:04 AM
big red one

Ive not noticed this hop just the squeal, does this happen on a Launch ie foot to the floor pull away or any brisk acceleration from standstill?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Kalstang

Thanks Zilla for the info. I did have the Eibach Pro Kit installed and found it to be better. I will look into your suggestions at my local lowering shop. My hop is happening from launch AND brisk acceleration. Not so bad when the road is dry unless I really floor the pedal.

Kal
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
RickyBobby
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kalstang
Hi everyone. I'm happy to say I took delivery of my new Mustang a week back. The weather out in Vancouver British Columbia is cool and wet. Everytime I punch it the rear end bounces up and down severely. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. If there is nothing wrong with the car then what could be a fix to this problem?

Thanks so much in advance,

Kal
How cold is it up there? If it's below 40f , the P-zeros won't stick too good.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 AM
zilla8
1st Gear Member

I had the allseason P zero's on my base GT and the bad hop was only during launch at the track.It will not happen under hard exceleration from a roll.My friend has a Brembo car and his wheel hop was really bad also.

Last edited by zilla8; 01-19-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

I have launched pretty hard in mine and not noticed any wheel hop. When it is wet I get a little bit of that though with hard acceleration. However, my '06 wheel hopped all the time.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
2007Vert
1st Gear Member

I have severe wheel hop in my 5.0. It even happened in the summer with 90+ days. I put BBR billitt LCA's which did nothing. The solution is lowering the car or installing an UCA. On the other hand my 07 does not have any wheel hop at all and it has all the normal bolt ons and cams.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Hi, Roush sells a wheel hop reducer and there are others that also sell wheel hop reducers. I attached the link.

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1510
Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

is this something that mainly happens in manual cars or both? im still getting used to mine. what exactly is wheel hop? wheels coming off the pavement?

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel hop in my new 5.0 Brembo with 3.73's