Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Driveline=DEAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Yeah, I agree. He is dumb for getting into his $30,000+ Coyote while intoxicated, destroying the tranny, and then proceeding to kick the hell out of the stick to try to get it unstuck when the shifting fork is FUBAR.
The tense in which I referred to drinking was misinterpreted. I do not drink and drive and was in a stationary position inside of a shop building simply " inquiring " at the situation. Also I made the reference to " driving abusively " and kicking the S***" out of the shifter in the hope to relate some sense of humor. I did not literally kick the S*** out of the shifter. I tried moving it out of second with my foot because I hurt myself when " Attempting " to shift out of 2nd the very first time. I meant so disrespect and did not intend to make myself look stupid at all , I simply was meaning to laugh at the fact that this happened after 5400 miles right after I spanked my friend's Bolt On Chrysler 300C and an '10 GT. This is the least modded and the least powerful performance vehicle I have owned to date and have more respect and sense about how I operate and the condition in which , myself , operate the vehicle.
I sincerely apologize and hope to enjoy the rest of my stay on this forum.
Jay
Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Well, then, sure, I'm ok with this. Thanks for explaining. But my dogs are still pissed off that you shot a stray and may never forgive you...

Let us know how it goes with the shop. For real.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by Nuke
Well, then, sure, I'm ok with this. Thanks for explaining. But my dogs are still pissed off that you shot a stray and may never forgive you...

Let us know how it goes with the shop. For real.
I appreciate the amnesty sir. My horses were happy. As of this after noon the driveline was out. Apparently there is a service bulletin on Clutch Pedal Stayout caused by centrifugal force on the clutch system causing the diaphragm fingers to push against the release bearing resulting in the pedal staying on the floor until RPM's decrease. This would explain some issues but not being locked in 2nd.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The 5.0 is still new enough that there are only a handful of TSB's associated with it; the Clutch Stayout being one of them.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Glad to see you were just kidding.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Sterling5.0

No problem
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

BAN!! idiots like this shouldnt be allowed on forums
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by FSTBLK
BAN!! idiots like this shouldnt be allowed on forums
If you feel like that than feel free to try and kick me off NLOC and Lightning Rodder.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sterling5.0
If you feel like that than feel free to try and kick me off NLOC and Lightning Rodder.
I read the whole thread. It appears you do have some common sense. Your first post makes you like a complete tool though.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sterling5.0
The tense in which I referred to drinking was misinterpreted. I do not drink and drive and was in a stationary position inside of a shop building simply " inquiring " at the situation. Also I made the reference to " driving abusively " and kicking the S***" out of the shifter in the hope to relate some sense of humor. I did not literally kick the S*** out of the shifter. I tried moving it out of second with my foot because I hurt myself when " Attempting " to shift out of 2nd the very first time. I meant so disrespect and did not intend to make myself look stupid at all , I simply was meaning to laugh at the fact that this happened after 5400 miles right after I spanked my friend's Bolt On Chrysler 300C and an '10 GT. This is the least modded and the least powerful performance vehicle I have owned to date and have more respect and sense about how I operate and the condition in which , myself , operate the vehicle.
I sincerely apologize and hope to enjoy the rest of my stay on this forum.
Jay
Nice job back pedaling. Others may disagree but you're still a moron in my book. Dropping the clutch at 7k in 2nd gear with a broken tranny pretty much assured it in my book. And that was just a small part of your initial idiotic post.
Good luck. Glad to have you off the road even if just for the time being.

Quick Reply: Driveline=DEAD