Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Driveline=DEAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Sterling5.0

Default Driveline=DEAD

I guess after 5400 miles of my abusive driving the transmission decided to get locked in 2nd gear. Won't come out. There's play in the shifter in the 3-4th and 5-6th notch but no reverse or 1-2nd. No amount of forcing will get it out. I even kicked it Repeatedly( I had been drinking) Luckily I was on a hill when it decided to not come out of second. Therefore the clutch is now smoked. Then out of rage I dumped it at 7 grand and the clutch pedal didnt come out of the floor , the clutch intermittently engaged then disengaged burning it up more. Does this happen typically ? HAHA I love warranty.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

HAHA... They might deny you.

Turn in your keys. I don't like people that abuse animals, either; retardedly drunk or just retarded.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Not only did you beat on the car and brag about how the warranty will cover it, but you self-incriminate yourself on a public forum for all to see
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Really dude you think if you kick and bend parts and abuse the crap out of it that they are not going to know. Is it going to be funny when they deny you warranty coverage. And they probably will. Bent parts are not a manufacturers defect. It must be nice to have the money to go out and buy a new car and then beat the crap out of it. Then brag about it on this forum, and have a who cares attitude. And also I have no respect for anyone that drives drunk.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Sterling5.0

Originally Posted by Nuke
HAHA... They might deny you.

Turn in your keys. I don't like people that abuse animals, either; retardedly drunk or just retarded.
No, they didn't deny me. I really don't care that you don't like people like me. I shot a stray dog behind my house that was stirring up my horses. Then I walked up and double tapped him. Then I finished my beer. Tell me how much you really don't like me now. Come pry the keys from my hands. It's all in good fun.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

So let's see...

You were drunk and were going to drive. But your tranny was stuck in gear so you kicked the living sh*t out of it and then ask if this is normal.

You really ARE a dumb phuk. And of course, all in good fun.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Considering that you did not have any mods on your car, it seems like the dealerships tend to warranty breakage even if you drove the **** out of your car.
The reason being is they do not have the mods as an excuse to deny warranty coverage.

Do bear in mind that according to the Ford engineers, the very guys who designed the 5.0L Coyote, they say the MT82 is rated only to take about 380 ft-lbf at the crank while the Coyote is capable of producing 390 ft-lbf crank.
That is not much of an overpower, but it could be possible that by certain down shifting situations, you could do a number to your MT82. I bet you probably screwed up your shifting fork on you MT82.
Heck, a professional modder F***ed up his MT82 with only naturally aspirated mods and a tune. His particular MT82 got locked into 3rd gear.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
So let's see...

You were drunk and were going to drive. But your tranny was stuck in gear so you kicked the living sh*t out of it and then ask if this is normal.

You really ARE a dumb phuk. And of course, all in good fun.
Yeah, I agree. He is dumb for getting into his $30,000+ Coyote while intoxicated, destroying the tranny, and then proceeding to kick the hell out of the stick to try to get it unstuck when the shifting fork is FUBAR.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Are we still acknowledging this thread?

I loved the "double tap" move from the movie "Zombieland" but,this guy needs to grow?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Possible troll?

Quick Reply: Driveline=DEAD