Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
50mustanggod
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

I just ordered the tunes for life from you but haven't filled out the form should I wait if I want this tune or go ahead and fill it out and request it?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
50mustanggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
Sterling5.0

Vehicle: 2011,Ford Mustang,GT

Sounds wicked! Definitely going to go with this as soon as it's released!
Sterling5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Truckbutt
Banned

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

What effect will this tune have on the throttle response on a performance tune, or any tune for that matter? If it sounds great, but you get smoked at the green, what's the point?
Truckbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
Sterling5.0

Vehicle: 2011,Ford Mustang,GT

IS there going to be any difference in idle overlap and timing between the automatic and manual because of the complications with the automatic?
Sterling5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckbutt View Post
What effect will this tune have on the throttle response on a performance tune, or any tune for that matter? If it sounds great, but you get smoked at the green, what's the point?
This coming from a guy who advertises he has axle backs. You realize those axle backs aren't doing anything for performance, right? Pot calling the kettle black?

As a guy on the SVT forum said, or thereabouts: I relate this to a car with a turbo, putting on a blow-off valve. The car already had the turbo, but now everybody else knows, too.

This car already makes insane power - now everyone will know.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #16
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988, Ford, Mustang GT
Send a message via Skype™ to mtflyboy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaBlue View Post
This coming from a guy who advertises he has axle backs. You realize those axle backs aren't doing anything for performance, right? Pot calling the kettle black?

As a guy on the SVT forum said, or thereabouts: I relate this to a car with a turbo, putting on a blow-off valve. The car already had the turbo, but now everybody else knows, too.

I love it and yeah.... It had bawls and this just makes it even better.. I cant imagine how loud this will be with my setup Oh and 28 mpg to the track on the highway with the street tune, race tune and I am running hot!

Build Thread - Andariel the Demon DD 88 Fox Coyote T56 Swap

Check out www.Auto-Mafia.com!
mtflyboy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang Gt Premium

Drool. I want it.
Burns331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I had to actually buy cams to get that sound.

Gone->11 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS Auto 13.284 @ 107.44 (DA Corrected 12.809 @ 111.502)
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
Truckbutt
Banned

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaBlue View Post

You miss my point in its entirety. My car runs like a beast and now because of the axle backs it sounds like one. If putting on the axle backs made my car less responsive, I would't use them. I wax my car all the time because it makes my car look better. Why should't it sound better too!
(Cliff notes available upon request.)
Truckbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #20
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

I am curious; I assume the LSA of the cams are closed in some by tuning them to do this, is my guess correct?

Sounds bad *** none the less, and I knew one tuner or another would eventually tune a lope into the Coyote!

Squirrel of Death!
Do not **** off the SoD!!!!
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2011, 2011 mustang, bam, bama, bama tuning, cam, cammed, cams, ghost, ghost cams, gt, idle, mustang, tune