Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
50mustanggod
2nd Gear Member

I just ordered the tunes for life from you but haven't filled out the form should I wait if I want this tune or go ahead and fill it out and request it?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Sterling5.0

Sounds wicked! Definitely going to go with this as soon as it's released!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Truckbutt
Banned

What effect will this tune have on the throttle response on a performance tune, or any tune for that matter? If it sounds great, but you get smoked at the green, what's the point?
Old 04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Sterling5.0

IS there going to be any difference in idle overlap and timing between the automatic and manual because of the complications with the automatic?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Truckbutt
What effect will this tune have on the throttle response on a performance tune, or any tune for that matter? If it sounds great, but you get smoked at the green, what's the point?
This coming from a guy who advertises he has axle backs. You realize those axle backs aren't doing anything for performance, right? Pot calling the kettle black?

As a guy on the SVT forum said, or thereabouts: I relate this to a car with a turbo, putting on a blow-off valve. The car already had the turbo, but now everybody else knows, too.

This car already makes insane power - now everyone will know.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
This coming from a guy who advertises he has axle backs. You realize those axle backs aren't doing anything for performance, right? Pot calling the kettle black?

As a guy on the SVT forum said, or thereabouts: I relate this to a car with a turbo, putting on a blow-off valve. The car already had the turbo, but now everybody else knows, too.

I love it and yeah.... It had bawls and this just makes it even better.. I cant imagine how loud this will be with my setup Oh and 28 mpg to the track on the highway with the street tune, race tune and I am running hot!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Drool. I want it.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I had to actually buy cams to get that sound.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Truckbutt
Banned

Originally Posted by VistaBlue

You miss my point in its entirety. My car runs like a beast and now because of the axle backs it sounds like one. If putting on the axle backs made my car less responsive, I would't use them. I wax my car all the time because it makes my car look better. Why should't it sound better too!
(Cliff notes available upon request.)
Old 04-17-2011, 01:02 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I am curious; I assume the LSA of the cams are closed in some by tuning them to do this, is my guess correct?

Sounds bad *** none the less, and I knew one tuner or another would eventually tune a lope into the Coyote!

Quick Reply: Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview