Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #21
StayingFit24_7
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaBlue View Post
This coming from a guy who advertises he has axle backs. You realize those axle backs aren't doing anything for performance, right? Pot calling the kettle black?

As a guy on the SVT forum said, or thereabouts: I relate this to a car with a turbo, putting on a blow-off valve. The car already had the turbo, but now everybody else knows, too.

This car already makes insane power - now everyone will know.
Agreed
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
StayingFit24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #22
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT Prem.

So, like, wth happened? Placed my order two weeks ago for these, and haven't heard a word since. Have they stopped trying?
Delivered 07MAR11
hawkeye18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang California Special

Ok here comes a real dumb question. Sorry in advance, but I have only ever played with the exhaust on my previous mustangs. I plan to get the CAI and tune kit eventually. Can this sound be lumped in with the tune? Another words will I still get the benefits of the tune and also the sound? The original post said there are no gains or losses from it so just curious.

2011CS/GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

I think it sounds cool and all but it's still 'ricey' IMO. It doesn't do anything for performance.

It's like those people who put the speaker in their engine bay that plays the BOV sound. Does the car have a turbo? No, it's to make people think that you do.

Now people will be saying they raced/beat/whatever a cammed 5.0. Not the case.

It's a touchy subject and I know I'm asking for a flaming.....
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CS/GT View Post
Ok here comes a real dumb question. Sorry in advance, but I have only ever played with the exhaust on my previous mustangs. I plan to get the CAI and tune kit eventually. Can this sound be lumped in with the tune? Another words will I still get the benefits of the tune and also the sound? The original post said there are no gains or losses from it so just curious.
I would guess it can be tuned into another custom tune.
But to be sure I know for sure the truth, I too want to know if the idle lope can be piggybacked into any tune.

Squirrel of Death!
Do not **** off the SoD!!!!
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #26
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

To answer your questions, yes, it can and is. The idle lope is just a feature tacked onto the existing awesome Bama tunes.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #27
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
I think it sounds cool and all but it's still 'ricey' IMO. It doesn't do anything for performance.

It's like those people who put the speaker in their engine bay that plays the BOV sound. Does the car have a turbo? No, it's to make people think that you do.

I think it's different after seeing it discussed somewhere else. Someone related it to this, it's like having a turbo that doesn't make any BOV noise, but you add a speaker to the car that makes the noise, yes you are making the noise, and yes you have a turbo.

The reason you can get the 2011+ to sound like it has big lobe cams is because you can in fact make the car ACT like it has big lobe cams. The power from what i've read shifts to the upper RPMs and feels very similar to actually camming the car. All the tune is doing is playing with the timing of already big lobed cams in the 5.0, rather than on the older models you had to add big lobed cams to actually get that noise.

It would be one thing if it weren't being created by the car, but in this case, it's the car, not audio equipment that's making the sound occur.

My View on the Economy: www.cgeconomics.com
pdonket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
jimj3125
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT 5.0
Unhappy I'm still waiting?

I heard all the hype, so where is it?
jimj3125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 GT, 2007 GT
Send a message via Yahoo to DrDeaths01GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post

WTF????? You mean to tell me there are ricers that actually put a fkn speaker in the car to make it sound like a BOV??? you have got to be kidding me!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #30
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeaths01GT View Post
WTF????? You mean to tell me there are ricers that actually put a fkn speaker in the car to make it sound like a BOV??? you have got to be kidding me!!!
Yeaaaah. The stuff that they do to appear fast never ceases to amazes me. It's a shame that that "initiative" isn't put to a better cause
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2011, 2011 mustang, bam, bama, bama tuning, cam, cammed, cams, ghost, ghost cams, gt, idle, mustang, tune