Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 AM
StayingFit24_7
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
This coming from a guy who advertises he has axle backs. You realize those axle backs aren't doing anything for performance, right? Pot calling the kettle black?

As a guy on the SVT forum said, or thereabouts: I relate this to a car with a turbo, putting on a blow-off valve. The car already had the turbo, but now everybody else knows, too.

This car already makes insane power - now everyone will know.
Agreed
Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

So, like, wth happened? Placed my order two weeks ago for these, and haven't heard a word since. Have they stopped trying?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Ok here comes a real dumb question. Sorry in advance, but I have only ever played with the exhaust on my previous mustangs. I plan to get the CAI and tune kit eventually. Can this sound be lumped in with the tune? Another words will I still get the benefits of the tune and also the sound? The original post said there are no gains or losses from it so just curious.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I think it sounds cool and all but it's still 'ricey' IMO. It doesn't do anything for performance.

It's like those people who put the speaker in their engine bay that plays the BOV sound. Does the car have a turbo? No, it's to make people think that you do.

Now people will be saying they raced/beat/whatever a cammed 5.0. Not the case.

It's a touchy subject and I know I'm asking for a flaming.....
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011CS/GT
Ok here comes a real dumb question. Sorry in advance, but I have only ever played with the exhaust on my previous mustangs. I plan to get the CAI and tune kit eventually. Can this sound be lumped in with the tune? Another words will I still get the benefits of the tune and also the sound? The original post said there are no gains or losses from it so just curious.
I would guess it can be tuned into another custom tune.
But to be sure I know for sure the truth, I too want to know if the idle lope can be piggybacked into any tune.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

To answer your questions, yes, it can and is. The idle lope is just a feature tacked onto the existing awesome Bama tunes.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I think it sounds cool and all but it's still 'ricey' IMO. It doesn't do anything for performance.

It's like those people who put the speaker in their engine bay that plays the BOV sound. Does the car have a turbo? No, it's to make people think that you do.

I think it's different after seeing it discussed somewhere else. Someone related it to this, it's like having a turbo that doesn't make any BOV noise, but you add a speaker to the car that makes the noise, yes you are making the noise, and yes you have a turbo.

The reason you can get the 2011+ to sound like it has big lobe cams is because you can in fact make the car ACT like it has big lobe cams. The power from what i've read shifts to the upper RPMs and feels very similar to actually camming the car. All the tune is doing is playing with the timing of already big lobed cams in the 5.0, rather than on the older models you had to add big lobed cams to actually get that noise.

It would be one thing if it weren't being created by the car, but in this case, it's the car, not audio equipment that's making the sound occur.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
jimj3125
1st Gear Member

Unhappy I'm still waiting?

I heard all the hype, so where is it?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec

WTF????? You mean to tell me there are ricers that actually put a fkn speaker in the car to make it sound like a BOV??? you have got to be kidding me!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DrDeaths01GT
WTF????? You mean to tell me there are ricers that actually put a fkn speaker in the car to make it sound like a BOV??? you have got to be kidding me!!!
Yeaaaah. The stuff that they do to appear fast never ceases to amazes me. It's a shame that that "initiative" isn't put to a better cause

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview