Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

which CAI do u guys think i shouild get for my 11 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
DanB2398

Default which CAI do u guys think i shouild get for my 11 GT

I don't which one to get the ford racing K and N or the roush i have the roush exhaut already. Are they all the same with a diffrent name on them? thanks guys
Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

My vote is for STEEDA.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

From what I've read, the Steeda CAI seems to be the best. But any CAI with a tune will net you some decent gains.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:00 AM
DarkCandy08GT
1st Gear Member

Airaid. Best for the money. Great fit. Easy install.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I vote for the airaid as well. It's also the one I'm going to use when I decide to bite the bullet. You're going to have to get a programmer with it as well. American Muscle and some of our other site sponsors offer them as a combo for a discounted price.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Truckbutt
Banned

I bought the Steeda. It works but I wouldn't buy one again because there are others that do the same job and look nicer. Most CAI's that require a tune will all give you the same gain in HP. I went to JDM Enterprises in NJ yesterday and they install alot or Airaid's. Just make sure you buy one that requires a tune. If not, then you're not changing the air intake enough to make a difference. The Airaid has the option of leaving a tube plugged and not using a tune, but that's pointless IMHO.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

The average CAI and tune will yield about the same amount of gain in power. There are some minor differences. FRPP (at least on the 05-2009) models IS made by Steeda. FRPP also has a Bullitt Intake that is Ford, not Steeda.

That Bullitt intake has a larger than stock inlet but is still smaller than most aftermarket ones so it puts out about a handful of lower HP at the wheels when compared to the HIGHEST flow rated intake by C&L (Racer intake). It's within a couple RWHP for all the rest.

Aside from that, go with what you like.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM
5.0_StangLover

Not that I have one yet, but i plan to go with Steeda. It wont void my warranty and steeda as a brand is synonymous with ford racing.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:28 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkCandy08GT
Airaid. Best for the money. Great fit. Easy install.
That is what I use; I bought mine with the 3 Bama tunes for life with flash handheld tuner with this kit. The
Airaid is a stand alone CAI, but gives you next to nothing in power increase without the tunes.
But add a tune, and it is crazy wild; you can actually feel the power increase on you *** as you step on the gas!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:48 AM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0_StangLover
Not that I have one yet, but i plan to go with Steeda. It wont void my warranty and steeda as a brand is synonymous with ford racing.
Why won't it void your waranty? You will have to remove the intake and tune when it goes to the dealer, the same as the others.

If you want a warranty, have the FRPP tune installed by your dealer. Safe tune and skip-shift eliminated. Most CAIs give minimal additional power and the performance increase you feel is mainly due to the electric throttle ramped up quicker. Which is not a bad thing in itself. It's the way I am going.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: which CAI do u guys think i shouild get for my 11 GT