Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 GT auto transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Spanx

Update: dealership never called me back but I guess it really doesn't matter because it is not doing it any more. So not sure what it may have been.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Spanx, if you want the "stealership" to do anything you have to go up there and put your FOOT UP THEIR AZZ!!!! If you play nice they ignore you and move on to non warranty work which makes them money. Dealers hate people with warranty work. I have worked at a few dealerships in my life and I tell people the same thing, they don't listen at first, but then later they do like I said and put their foot down. Try it and see what happens, no sense in having a warranty if you don't use it. Before you know it the odometer will read 36001 and it will be to late. Good luck and kick some azz.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Spanx

Ok, I spoke too soon it just did it as i was leaving work to go to lunch. I called the dealership and left another message, i was going to make a trip up there as TexasTanker suggested but didn't have time right that minute. They called me back pretty quickly this time and they are going to take it in tomorrow morning to "run some tests". I'll update as soon as they tell me what they think it is.

And TexasTanker I was thinking the same thing about 3yr/36000 mile warranty being a short time also so I purchased a 5yr/100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Also the dearlership that I bought it from gives a lifetime gaurantee on the engine (non tranferable), as long as I own the car. They are thinking that everyone will sell the vehicle they purchased or trade it in at one point but this is a car that I will have for the rest of my life. When it is paid off I will keep it and get into another note at some point.

Last edited by Spanx; 05-04-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Spanx

Update: Dealership called me today and said it was a bad solenoid in the transmission and the part will be in tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spanx
Well it has been a week and the light has not come on again but has clunked into gear a few times since. I am going to drive it over the weekend and see how it goes and if it still is doing it they said they will take it in and see if they can figure the problem out.
Wow...how depressing to have an issue like this with a brand new car.

Hope you get it resolved soon without much grief.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

well thats what warranties are for..hope that resolves it.. sounds like it will.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Spanx

Update: Got the car back today after a week in the shop. They said it was a bad solenoid inside of the transmission, everything is working good so far.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spanx
Update: Got the car back today after a week in the shop. They said it was a bad solenoid inside of the transmission, everything is working good so far.
Good to hear! It's honestly awesome when warranty work actually goes right...
Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Spanx

Originally Posted by pdonket
Good to hear! It's honestly awesome when warranty work actually goes right...
Well I guess warranty work doesn't work, put it back in the shop today for the same problem. I was hoping you were right.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Well that sux, time to get your foot half way up the Service Managers azz. Don't take no bulls**t.

Quick Reply: 2012 GT auto transmission problem?