Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 AM   #21
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT
I993 SVT COBRA parchisi

For that matter, I think paint is rice. Its just for show, it covers up what the car is really made of and adds no performance value at all! Bare metal FTW!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2011 Mustang GT
Premium, Race Red, GT/CS Splitter and Spoiler, 3.73 Gears, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Comp Springs, Tokico D-Specs, MM C/C Plates, UMI Dbl. Adjustable PHB, Barton Shifter, American Thunder Axleback, SVE 19x9.5 Drift Wheels, Hankook R-S3 275/35ZR19 tires all around.
parchisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium

I have a factory hood scoop on my car AND THE LUND CAMMED TUNE. I'm a real big "poser" I guess. I also have 9psi of boost. And a full steeda suspension. And a McLeod Clutch and aluminum driveshaft. And a full carbon fiber front end.... And.... you get the point. Wanna run against my "ricer"?
Black-Saddle/Navi/Comfrt/6 Sp/HIDs/CDC Chin/Roush Side Skirts/Roush Rr Splitter/Carbon Stripes/Center Fog Light Grill/Decklid Panel/Saleen Replicas 18x9-10/Factory Scoop & Pede/Magnaflow 3in Comp Cat Back/American Racing Headers (offrd)/Procharger Stage I/4" 9psi/47# hi imp inj/Brisk Plugs/Tokico D Specs/Steeda Sprt Springs/Steeda Frnt & Rear Adj Sways/Billet Ctl Arms/Steeda Strut Tower Brace/Steeda Adj Pan Hard Bar & Brace/Steeda Tri-Ax/Baer Pro-Plus 6 Piston/McLeod RXT/DSS Almnm DS

Last edited by CJStang50; 05-20-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Change of Terminology
CJStang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #23
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Wow, people over da interwebz sure have insecurity problems....Who gives a crap what I call you, them, anyone? I have an opinion and if you don't agree with it. Who cares?

As for the boss and their tuned sound, isn't part of that the exhaust itself? I've heard it has in reality 4 outlets, two are more for the tune of the exhaust note vs actual flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #24
sugarprobe

Vehicle: 2011 5.0, Black,Brembo,Nav,HID's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
Wow, people over da interwebz sure have insecurity problems....Who gives a crap what I call you, them, anyone? I have an opinion and if you don't agree with it. Who cares?

As for the boss and their tuned sound, isn't part of that the exhaust itself? I've heard it has in reality 4 outlets, two are more for the tune of the exhaust note vs actual flow.
Yes it has a quad exhaust that has caps to block off or open the side pipes. But when you put the TRAC KEY in the ignition it re calibrates the comp and creates some overlap with the cams. So weather you have the quads open or closed it will still have a nice lope to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWSr-Ax8K4
sugarprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #25
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT
I993 SVT COBRA parchisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post

And you call people posers and call their car rice and wonder why they get defensive. "Hey man, I'm gonna call you derogatory names, but don't get offended or else you have insecurity problems."

2011 Mustang GT
Premium, Race Red, GT/CS Splitter and Spoiler, 3.73 Gears, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Comp Springs, Tokico D-Specs, MM C/C Plates, UMI Dbl. Adjustable PHB, Barton Shifter, American Thunder Axleback, SVE 19x9.5 Drift Wheels, Hankook R-S3 275/35ZR19 tires all around.
parchisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

Isn't this Shane's new Boss he just got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarprobe View Post
Boy howdy am I jealous. The lucky guy now has officially owned and been in TWO 2012 Bosses, his first one being the first Boss to ever roll off the factory floor.

Squirrel of Death!
Do not **** off the SoD!!!!
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #27
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 CO Boss 302 #0333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM5.0 View Post
Isn't this Shane's new Boss he just got?

Boy howdy am I jealous. The lucky guy now has officially owned and been in TWO 2012 Bosses, his first one being the first Boss to ever roll off the factory floor.
nope that's a development mule, not my car. inside line or edmunds one has a video where they show just how major of a bunch of tools they are where they idle a laguna seca on the white key and then use the red key for lope. its one of the better vids for showing what the sound is like, you just have to ignore the idiot with the camera making comments about the car. I can't for the life of me find that vid link right now though, if someone has it book marked toss it up.

Edit: found the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5WU...eature=related

watching this again makes me realize how badly I would like to kick those guys in the ***** for f'ing up a decent vid acting like tools
2012 Boss 302 Competition Orange with Recaros #0333

Last edited by ShaneM; 05-21-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: found vid
ShaneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #28
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
Bama said they had it, or would have it, but so far have not delivered. Something about missing tables from SCT or something like that. They have been mum on the issue, and I'm pretty sure they are hoping people just forget about it.
Like I said, I currently run the tune from Lund Racing. John is the only one that was able to correct the stalling problem. The guys at BAMA and SCT were not. So essentially, the reason the tune can't be openly marketed anymore is because of the patent issues with Ford and the TRAC KEY and because BAMA spread rumors that it doesn't work. WELL THERE'S DOESN'T WORK. But the Lund Racing one does
Black-Saddle/Navi/Comfrt/6 Sp/HIDs/CDC Chin/Roush Side Skirts/Roush Rr Splitter/Carbon Stripes/Center Fog Light Grill/Decklid Panel/Saleen Replicas 18x9-10/Factory Scoop & Pede/Magnaflow 3in Comp Cat Back/American Racing Headers (offrd)/Procharger Stage I/4" 9psi/47# hi imp inj/Brisk Plugs/Tokico D Specs/Steeda Sprt Springs/Steeda Frnt & Rear Adj Sways/Billet Ctl Arms/Steeda Strut Tower Brace/Steeda Adj Pan Hard Bar & Brace/Steeda Tri-Ax/Baer Pro-Plus 6 Piston/McLeod RXT/DSS Almnm DS
Old 06-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #29
Newwt

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

So no one is selling this tune anymore? Or Lund still does if you contact them personally?
Newwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #30
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Nobody is selling it anymore. Dunzo.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 50, american, cam, cammed, forum, ghost, gt, idle, lund, muscle, mustang, racing, tune, tuner, tuners