Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost cam idle tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 05:33 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Sad. I knew that TiVCT had that capability ever since it came out.
What is even more sad is if it became more prolific in the market, the price of such a tuning feature would drop such that it would become included in any other performance tune. Too bad everyone is dropping out from this concept of tuning.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Everybody isn't dropping out, everybody is being strongly convinced to drop out by Ford Legal.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
jimj3125
1st Gear Member

Yes, it is sad. Very sad!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Derf00
Wow, people over da interwebz sure have insecurity problems....Who gives a crap what I call you, them, anyone? I have an opinion and if you don't agree with it. Who cares?

As for the boss and their tuned sound, isn't part of that the exhaust itself? I've heard it has in reality 4 outlets, two are more for the tune of the exhaust note vs actual flow.

Having an opinion about a car and calling names is much different.
Saying something looks rice is different than directly calling someone a name if you did.

Yup I have called people ricers before.
But I am well aware that what I did was in fact a personal remark.
At least be aware of what you are doing. Asking someone not to be offended by a personal name call is not really something you should expect to happen.

Sure I brush off things. But expecting everyone to act the same emotionally as you do to a personal insult is pretty naive.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Considering that you are dubbed the Paranoid One, you have brushed off that name calling pretty well. Actually, I think you are even more comfortable with yourself and handled the name calling above and beyond because you took the moniker and now wear it with pride.

I do not like things rice, but if I did, and I had all sorts of Rice Crap on my car, I would proudly stand up and admit to being a Ricer. If someone accused me for having a "fake" lope with "fake" LSA, and someone called me Rice, I would say "Damn Straight!"

And actually, if you think about it, since the LSA is actually physically there because the TiVCT is closing in the cam angles, that is really not a fake lope at all!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Considering that you are dubbed the Paranoid One, you have brushed off that name calling pretty well. Actually, I think you are even more comfortable with yourself and handled the name calling above and beyond because you took the moniker and now wear it with pride.

I do not like things rice, but if I did, and I had all sorts of Rice Crap on my car, I would proudly stand up and admit to being a Ricer. If someone accused me for having a "fake" lope with "fake" LSA, and someone called me Rice, I would say "Damn Straight!"

And actually, if you think about it, since the LSA is actually physically there because the TiVCT is closing in the cam angles, that is really not a fake lope at all!
Touche'!
Another reason for the non ricer reason on this is because many people do buy cams just for the sound.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Touche'!
Another reason for the non ricer reason on this is because many people do buy cams just for the sound.
Yeah to me that is a much worse reason to get cams. I would love to have this cam tune. And it pisses me off that they stopped selling it, but even lund's tune was not 100%. I have a person that I know local here that has been his guinea pig on his cam tune and the drive ability is awful. This is not even an auto car either, its a manual car. So I guess this down time will allow more shops to perfect the cam tune, and maybe next season we can get a solid one working that will not sacrifice power or daily driving for the sound. But for the record, its a great thing that can be done.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Latigo

Wow, I know the LX crowd was really pissed off when Chrysler encrypted all the computers to make tuning impossible with the new 2011+ 5.7 and 6.4 hemis.
But for Ford to actually take away this capability after customers already had access to it is unbelievable.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Latigo
But for Ford to actually take away this capability after customers already had access to it is unbelievable.
Well it's just not true. There are several companies out there selling the cam idle tune. Your first clue should have been you bumped a thread that was a year old.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Irishone

I would much rather have the cams then make it sound like it. Although I will say the bama tunes I have do lope like I have cams sometimes.

Quick Reply: Ghost cam idle tune?