Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost cam idle tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Steeda currently is selling the cam idle tune for manuals. Testing is wrapping up on the automatics as we speak.

Do a youtube search and you can see some of the videos posted by consumers;

Steeda cam idle tune
Steeda idle cam tune

PM if you have any questions. We are currently selling these tunes as completely seperate tunes and they are priced at $90.00. You can check out this thread to get some consumer feedback as well.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...505600/index2/

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Steeda currently is selling the cam idle tune for manuals. Testing is wrapping up on the automatics as we speak.

Do a youtube search and you can see some of the videos posted by consumers;

Steeda cam idle tune
Steeda idle cam tune

PM if you have any questions. We are currently selling these tunes as completely seperate tunes and they are priced at $90.00. You can check out this thread to get some consumer feedback as well.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...505600/index2/

Best Regards,

TJ
What about a cammed tune for the Boss?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

PM Sent.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Latigo

Originally Posted by scottmach
Well it's just not true. There are several companies out there selling the cam idle tune. Your first clue should have been you bumped a thread that was a year old.
...that could also be it.
Check thread dates, lesson learned
Old 06-14-2012, 06:02 PM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

http://youtu.be/YT0gwy-sDKU

I kind of like it. Steeda 93 ghost cam tune, long tubes, off road xpipe, hush power mufflers, running with Torco fuel (about 100 octane)

12.1@115 on street tire isn't rice.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 AM
stang8psi
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wproctor411
http://youtu.be/YT0gwy-sDKU

I kind of like it. Steeda 93 ghost cam tune, long tubes, off road xpipe, hush power mufflers, running with Torco fuel (about 100 octane)

12.1@115 on street tire isn't rice.
Why are you running torco with a 93 tune? It's not helping your times or power! If the tune is made for 93 than only thing your doing is wasting money on 100+ octane! Also the times are eh with the tune.. Lunds maybe a bit more agressive than steeda's, cars with his tunes are going in the 116-120mph range and et's int the mid-high 11's with same mods minus the longtubes, I would have expected the mph to be a bit higher.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang8psi
Why are you running torco with a 93 tune? It's not helping your times or power! If the tune is made for 93 than only thing your doing is wasting money on 100+ octane!
I agree, Torco isn't helping you any. And the BEST possible octane you can get using Torco is 99. That's a 32 oz can mixed with 5 gallons of 93. Don't believe what the can tells you.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I agree aswell, sounds like steeda has a conservative tune there.

How is gas mileage at idle? i've heard people getting terrible MPGs in town after getting a ghost idle tune.

I'd feel safe running Steeda and Lund tunes, but I would know there is quite a bit more left in them. Most Lund tunes ive seen have been running slower at the track than Bama, vmp, bbr, brenspeed tunes. could be driver error, but like in the other thread here, same guy, same track, same day, different tunes, Bama was faster, i think you'll find the same with the Steeda tunes.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
I agree aswell, sounds like steeda has a conservative tune there.

How is gas mileage at idle? i've heard people getting terrible MPGs in town after getting a ghost idle tune.

I'd feel safe running Steeda and Lund tunes, but I would know there is quite a bit more left in them. Most Lund tunes ive seen have been running slower at the track than Bama, vmp, bbr, brenspeed tunes. could be driver error, but like in the other thread here, same guy, same track, same day, different tunes, Bama was faster, i think you'll find the same with the Steeda tunes.
That's my concerns with the ghost idle tunes also is the MPG. Don't get me wrong, I have a V8 car and know i'm not going to get the best mileage in the world but there is no point in sacrificing 2 or 3 MPG with no power gain. If there is power to be gained then i would be ok with it i think. It sounds great and i was actually considering it until I was hearing about all the #8 cylinder issues. Seems those have disappeared now but would still like a little more information about what to expect from the tune.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:37 AM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang8psi
Why are you running torco with a 93 tune? It's not helping your times or power! If the tune is made for 93 than only thing your doing is wasting money on 100+ octane! Also the times are eh with the tune.. Lunds maybe a bit more agressive than steeda's, cars with his tunes are going in the 116-120mph range and et's int the mid-high 11's with same mods minus the longtubes, I would have expected the mph to be a bit higher.
Safety for concern of fuel quality is the only reason. Ive been doing this for 20 years and have lost a few engines from running them at that sweet spot just which isn't too far below the point of detonation. My termi cobra is a great example. The same reason I use RBP in my diesel truck - because fuel quality varies and you get more uniform combustion with higher octane less chance of losing a piston. Ask any hot rodder- they know where to buy the good gas or how to make it better. I also have a 100 octane Dyno tune but havnt used it yet and a good deal of people use Torco in boosted vehicles to prevent detonation. My Fuel economy isn't a concern. I'm running 12.1 with. 1.9 60' time with a DA of 2700', so when I get better tires or learn how to launch it will run consistent 11's.

The Steeda tune is very safe and we confirmed this at Brenspeeds Dyno jet. Even 95 degree August weather it pulled 420whp/397wtq. 12.1 to 12.3 A/F ratio and that was with the hood closed.

Quick Reply: Ghost cam idle tune?