Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ghost cam idle tune?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

For that matter, I think paint is rice. Its just for show, it covers up what the car is really made of and adds no performance value at all! Bare metal FTW!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:41 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

I have a factory hood scoop on my car AND THE LUND CAMMED TUNE. I'm a real big "poser" I guess. I also have 9psi of boost. And a full steeda suspension. And a McLeod Clutch and aluminum driveshaft. And a full carbon fiber front end.... And.... you get the point. Wanna run against my "ricer"?

Last edited by CJStang50; 05-20-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Change of Terminology
Old 05-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Wow, people over da interwebz sure have insecurity problems....Who gives a crap what I call you, them, anyone? I have an opinion and if you don't agree with it. Who cares?

As for the boss and their tuned sound, isn't part of that the exhaust itself? I've heard it has in reality 4 outlets, two are more for the tune of the exhaust note vs actual flow.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:15 PM
sugarprobe

Originally Posted by Derf00
Wow, people over da interwebz sure have insecurity problems....Who gives a crap what I call you, them, anyone? I have an opinion and if you don't agree with it. Who cares?

As for the boss and their tuned sound, isn't part of that the exhaust itself? I've heard it has in reality 4 outlets, two are more for the tune of the exhaust note vs actual flow.
Yes it has a quad exhaust that has caps to block off or open the side pipes. But when you put the TRAC KEY in the ignition it re calibrates the comp and creates some overlap with the cams. So weather you have the quads open or closed it will still have a nice lope to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWSr-Ax8K4
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00

And you call people posers and call their car rice and wonder why they get defensive. "Hey man, I'm gonna call you derogatory names, but don't get offended or else you have insecurity problems."
Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Isn't this Shane's new Boss he just got?

Originally Posted by sugarprobe
Boy howdy am I jealous. The lucky guy now has officially owned and been in TWO 2012 Bosses, his first one being the first Boss to ever roll off the factory floor.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:35 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Isn't this Shane's new Boss he just got?

Boy howdy am I jealous. The lucky guy now has officially owned and been in TWO 2012 Bosses, his first one being the first Boss to ever roll off the factory floor.
nope that's a development mule, not my car. inside line or edmunds one has a video where they show just how major of a bunch of tools they are where they idle a laguna seca on the white key and then use the red key for lope. its one of the better vids for showing what the sound is like, you just have to ignore the idiot with the camera making comments about the car. I can't for the life of me find that vid link right now though, if someone has it book marked toss it up.

Edit: found the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5WU...eature=related

watching this again makes me realize how badly I would like to kick those guys in the ***** for f'ing up a decent vid acting like tools

Last edited by ShaneM; 05-21-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: found vid
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Bama said they had it, or would have it, but so far have not delivered. Something about missing tables from SCT or something like that. They have been mum on the issue, and I'm pretty sure they are hoping people just forget about it.
Like I said, I currently run the tune from Lund Racing. John is the only one that was able to correct the stalling problem. The guys at BAMA and SCT were not. So essentially, the reason the tune can't be openly marketed anymore is because of the patent issues with Ford and the TRAC KEY and because BAMA spread rumors that it doesn't work. WELL THERE'S DOESN'T WORK. But the Lund Racing one does
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Newwt

So no one is selling this tune anymore? Or Lund still does if you contact them personally?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:15 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Nobody is selling it anymore. Dunzo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ghost cam idle tune?