Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

First BOSS in the 10's!! Lethal Performance Inc 10.64@124.24mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:52 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
Wow, when he took off that sounded like a strait explosion.
that was the sound of a camaro owners dreams going up in smoke
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShaneM
yep blown or bottle and there is no whine. i want to know if its on stock suspension
Stock suspension, stock rear end.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

deleted: reread the thread and realized my question had already been answered.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
Stock suspension, stock rear end.
why the one wheel burnout? did vaughn kill it? or is that normal on a no2 car? someone told me when the torque comes on instantly with a bottle fed ride it can do that, i dont know enough about that stuff. i liek the idea of that wot box, how hard are those to install? and did you have to relocate the sway bar onthe rear to fit the slicks? wondering if that will affect road course manners.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

why the one wheel burnout? did vaughn kill it? or is that normal on a no2 car? someone told me when the torque comes on instantly with a bottle fed ride it can do that, i dont know enough about that stuff. i liek the idea of that wot box, how hard are those to install? and did you have to relocate the sway bar onthe rear to fit the slicks? wondering if that will affect road course manners.
The diff took a beating not only from Vaughn but another friend who drifted the car a week after as well. Drifting puts major stress on a diff especially on the side that has all of the load on it. As far as the WOT box goes we aren't running one. Those shifts were all being done without any type of launch control/2 step. However if we wanted to install one it's not a difficult install at all.

For the slicks all you need is the BMR SRK001 which will relocate the sway bar. It's needed to fit 15's on the rear.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

very nice.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:32 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
The diff took a beating not only from Vaughn but another friend who drifted the car a week after as well. Drifting puts major stress on a diff especially on the side that has all of the load on it. As far as the WOT box goes we aren't running one. Those shifts were all being done without any type of launch control/2 step. However if we wanted to install one it's not a difficult install at all.

For the slicks all you need is the BMR SRK001 which will relocate the sway bar. It's needed to fit 15's on the rear.

Thanks, Jared
cool man, so what would all the stuff you did to that car cost a boss owner to duplicate? i'd so like to be able to tear up the qtr on Friday and hit the road course on Saturday in the same car without affecting the drivability on street or track. also did you guys have to go to an aluminum DS?

i thought about FI at first and then after tracking the car and seeing how well it worked and how consistent it was I tossed that idea out the window. i have been saying n02 is the way to go on another forum with a lively 12 boss section. the only other thing i am wondering about is how hard is it to take a bottle in and out of the car? the road course wont let you run with one in the car. i assume its pretty easy. at this point you guys should just come clean, we all know what you have done to it i suspect steve is what, three months out on running the story, that is a loooong time to wait. you have been upfront with what you didnt do, is the car running a header back system or is exhaust modded too? im planning to do headers back in a few weeks, but im honestly not going to like removing the side pipes.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

cool man, so what would all the stuff you did to that car cost a boss owner to duplicate? i'd so like to be able to tear up the qtr on Friday and hit the road course on Saturday in the same car without affecting the drivability on street or track. also did you guys have to go to an aluminum DS?

i thought about FI at first and then after tracking the car and seeing how well it worked and how consistent it was I tossed that idea out the window. i have been saying n02 is the way to go on another forum with a lively 12 boss section. the only other thing i am wondering about is how hard is it to take a bottle in and out of the car? the road course wont let you run with one in the car. i assume its pretty easy. at this point you guys should just come clean, we all know what you have done to it i suspect steve is what, three months out on running the story, that is a loooong time to wait. you have been upfront with what you didnt do, is the car running a header back system or is exhaust modded too? im planning to do headers back in a few weeks, but im honestly not going to like removing the side pipes.
Shane,

You can get into all of the parts we used to run the 10.64 for about $1500.00. It's all available now so if you're interested give me a call and I'll walk you through everything. You'll still be able to drive the car as a reliable daily driver without any issues. At this time we're running the stock driveshaft. Eventually a single piece shaft will go in.

In general it takes about 2 minutes to remove or install a bottle. We had on our 2011 5.0L early on and you'd be amazed at how easy it is to use.

For the exhaust we're running a magnaflow competition catback and our offroad h-pipe. As much as the side pipes sound good the magnaflow setup sounds 10 times better.

Thanks, Jared
Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

$1500?? Damn, so just no2.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Skunk v5.0

I can't wait to see someone run 10's without a bottle or boost.

Quick Reply: First BOSS in the 10's!! Lethal Performance Inc 10.64@124.24mph