Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Automatic 5.0, what superchargers and other items should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
striperbisher

Default 2011 Automatic 5.0, what superchargers and other items should I do?

New 2011 5.0 GT with Automatic trans, what are the best mods and superchargers to get her moving? I am a newbie to car works, thanks.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

You need to first understand how superchargers work, what kinds there are, and educate yourself on that first.

Don't dive into something head first without knowing whats below.
You sound like you just wanna hurry up and put stuff on it.
You could end up with more grief than happiness if not educated.

Starting mods include:
Cold air intake WITH A TUNE
Gear swap
long tube headers perhaps

There are many good supercharger brands. You need to read up on the different KINDS and how they work THEN choose your brand.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 PM
striperbisher

I thought that is what this forum was for. To ask and learn about superchargers and mods. Sorry i asked.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
2c5s

Originally Posted by striperbisher
I thought that is what this forum was for. To ask and learn about superchargers and mods. Sorry i asked.
Don't be sorry. Just take the advice for what it is. Start reading about your options, figure out what you want out of the car..... Then start asking questions. Your question is so basic and complex at the same time. Educate yourself on the basics, that will narrow down what you want, then the opinions will flood in.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by striperbisher
Woah woah! Slow down a bit there cowboy lol.
I was not saying not to ask about them here.
Don't get offended please lol.

I was saying the first question you ask should not be just what brand supercharger should I get... when you know nothing about them.

Your first questions should be about what KINDS there are, How do they differ, what is involved in installing one and making sure it runs good, THEN go to what brands to choose.

Most brand choices are opinion and taste.

I was not saying not to ask about superchargers.
I was saying take it from the beginning and leave the brand questions for last.

Please don't think I was trying to offend you or steer you away from asking questions here. That is EXACTLY what these forums are for. Well... part of what they are for anyways haha.

And welcome to the forum!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

You are limited to the blowers they say will work with the automatic.. Still I think they are sticking all the gucci ones (Whipple) on the Automatic anyway..

My buddy has a procharger installed on his 2010.. We was looking at it the other day and I must say it is pretty ugly, but sounds awesome and makes butt puckering power.. He also did the install himself in a weekend..

This is what I wanta stick on mine.. Talked with edelbrock and they say it will run on the automatic, no problem..
http://www.americanmuscle.com/edelbrock-sc-2011gt.html

You love your automatic.. Don't ya??

Last edited by Sleeper5.0; 07-05-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 AM
striperbisher

Thanks Sleeper. I like the edelbrock. Very nice. Yep, I have a handicapped left knee so shifting gears is done for me so I am stuck with an automatic.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Yeah I like the way the edelbrock doesn't look weird under the hood.. Now if a stb will be made for the application would be nice..

Well the Auto also does miss gears... When we go anywhere we drive the mustang. Not having to shift is nice.. I have had enough with shifting my truck and my wife drives the mustang daily to work.. She didn't want a standard either..

I think a lower gear ratio would be nice on them, but I am not quite willing to give up my fuel mileage for it yet. Maybe some 3:73? or even 3:55's..

Here is a article on the development of the edelbrock blower
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...wer/index.html

A fun read

Last edited by Sleeper5.0; 07-05-2011 at 08:15 AM.