Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 5.0 #8 failure?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

I see you edited your post. Pretty sure everything you needed to know was in that link I posted.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Yup it was. He did change his story a good amount of times.
He also claimed Ford had a video of him racing and he claims it was of a different car.
He also claims they have him "talking" to someone about a laptop problem and he said that was before a tune. Which seems he just busted himself admitting he did have a tune.. lol.
Furthermore.. I don't see why Ford would put up evidence of a different car. Seems like they would make sure there evidence was legit.

He must have a lawyer already if he claims Ford has evidence against him, because there's no way Ford would tell him about that before a lawyer. At least MOST people would not divulge evidence so that people would have time to gather a rebuttal even before having a lawyer.

MOST of his story could be B.S.
I don't know why he would lie instead of just trying to rely on the Mag act to
build his case on. That is just STUPID. The mag act would be his real weapon. Lying just hurts his case.

Now again the question is did that tune actually cause the failure.
But also again his lies would NOT help his case.

This guy went about this the WRONG way. I can tell you that for sure.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Taskiss
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Where did you hear Ford was "blacklisting" him?
Me and my car are "black flagged" in the system.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=167
Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 AM
AKElroy
1st Gear Member

I talked with Brnespeed regarding my Stage-1 Kit, and they had vaugly heard of two potential instances, one with a stock motor and one modded ( I do not believe by them). Both were eventually covered under warranty, but no specifics were available. My sense after the conversation with them is that they are not considering releasing a milder tune until any evidence points to the mod as the problem. Ford is attempting to cast blame in that direction, but there is no evidence, according to Brenspeed, for that claim. Until there is, it is business as usual.

They are still running their two test mules with 93 race tunes, and so am I with zero issues. I drive my cay like I hate it, with zero problems @ 7,000 miles. Not a drop of oil usage, nothing. I am continuing with the race tune, although I am careful to stay with Chevron from a reputable branded station.

They did say if you are losing sleep over it, load the 87 tune & forget about it. Otherwise, accept the fact that modded cares have a bit of risk associated with the fun.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

The problem with taking issues like this to court, is that it would be a Ford engineer and lawyer vs. you (and possibly your lawyer). The burden of proof unfortunately ends up falling on you, as look at it this way:

As an unbiased judge, who's story are you going to believe? The engineer who brings all kinds of data to back up their claim of failure (data which may not even be relevant, sadly - I've seen far too many engineers claiming air filters cause a swirling effect to the air which causes lean conditions...), or some random consumer who modified his vehicle?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

I don't think a lawyer would even take a customer's case in this situation. The amount of research needed for $5k - $6k of motor work? You would probably end up paying more for the lawyer than the dealer work.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Personally...Just my opinion but people with really elaborate stories that post on the internet and then disappear are Trolls.

Jmatero comes to mind with his issue about the Ford Tranny problems he was having and about setting up an ABC 20/20 thing. I did a search for him on the interweb and he is registered in everything from Dodge forums, Chevy forums, VW forums, and others. Never has more than a handful of posts, then disappears. Probably diggin in the forums to find an issue then makes up a story to get the board riled up.

That in my eyes made him lose total credability.

Further research and the guy is/was en engineer in California so he's probably looking for a payday or to make a name for himself.

I posted some very specific and simple questions in his thread a couple of times about his info and proof and he never replied to me. Everyone else who was up-in-arms he was more than happy to elaborate further. Zero credibility.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Personally...Just my opinion but people with really elaborate stories that post on the internet and then disappear are Trolls.

Jmatero comes to mind with his issue about the Ford Tranny problems he was having and about setting up an ABC 20/20 thing. I did a search for him on the interweb and he is registered in everything from Dodge forums, Chevy forums, VW forums, and others. Never has more than a handful of posts, then disappears. Probably diggin in the forums to find an issue then makes up a story to get the board riled up.

That in my eyes made him lose total credability.

Further research and the guy is/was en engineer in California so he's probably looking for a payday or to make a name for himself.

I posted some very specific and simple questions in his thread a couple of times about his info and proof and he never replied to me. Everyone else who was up-in-arms he was more than happy to elaborate further. Zero credibility.
You're not kidding. He's a member of at least 10 different kinds of vehicle forums. Honda Fit, VW, RX8, Dodge, Corvette, etc.

Jmatero Google search
Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Are you guys serious? I'm a member of 8+ different car forums, easily. I've owned many different makes and models, and even signed up to browse forums of cars I was considering buying, not just one's I owned.

Making such strong assumptions with such little proof is silly.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
Are you guys serious? I'm a member of 8+ different car forums, easily. I've owned many different makes and models, and even signed up to browse forums of cars I was considering buying, not just one's I owned.

Making such strong assumptions with such little proof is silly.
But did you post about 1 issue, and only 1 issue? This guy has been everywhere trying to start some kind of anti-Ford MT82 posse, including on blogs and on blog posts that have nothing to do with the 5.0 transmission.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 5.0 #8 failure?