Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

modded 2011 GT problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Revert back to stock first, then see what happens, then bring it tin for warranty service!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

you can actually run the Steeda CAI + LT headers w/o a tune. The ECU will correct for it (I wouldn't drag race it like that, but its easily driveable) I ran my Steeda CAI w/o a tune for about a week.. they didn't have tunes for the 2012 when I ordered it so they had to just adjust a 2011 tune to get it to work on the 2012, it took some time to get it because the assumed i had a 2011 (I ordered my 2012 the day they switched over to the 2012 orders, I have one of the earliest made)

anyway, try just going back to stock tune.

also i was gonna make a similiar comment about the crocs as others did. too late.

if it seems to run on the stock tune order an e-mail tune and an SCT if you dont have one from American Muscle or Lethal performance or brenspeed or Livernois their tunes are all fine. I'm planning on getting a Livernois tune when I order a Boss Intake and O/R X pipe, they have the fastest 5.0s running their e-mail tunes, not even dyno'd hah.

Last edited by Mishri; 07-19-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 PM
LSX Block

Originally Posted by Mishri
you can actually run the Steeda CAI + LT headers w/o a tune. The ECU will correct for it (I wouldn't drag race it like that, but its easily driveable) I ran my Steeda CAI w/o a tune for about a week.. they didn't have tunes for the 2012 when I ordered it so they had to just adjust a 2011 tune to get it to work on the 2012, it took some time to get it because the assumed i had a 2011 (I ordered my 2012 the day they switched over to the 2012 orders, I have one of the earliest made)

anyway, try just going back to stock tune.

also i was gonna make a similiar comment about the crocs as others did. too late.

if it seems to run on the stock tune order an e-mail tune and an SCT if you dont have one from American Muscle or Lethal performance or brenspeed or Livernois their tunes are all fine. I'm planning on getting a Livernois tune when I order a Boss Intake and O/R X pipe, they have the fastest 5.0s running their e-mail tunes, not even dyno'd hah.
we do not have a handle held or computer software to revert back to stock. we are going back to the shop next week to get the tune fixed ( if it is a tuning problem).
Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 PM
drboyd

Originally Posted by Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve
<snip>.... its sometimes such a **** block
...and with those shoes, it would be a croc block.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drboyd
...and with those shoes, it would be a croc block.
Haha, my my the internet can be a cruel place...
Old 07-20-2011, 01:45 AM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

You've got a wiring harness problem. A wire is shorted or broken somewhere, or a connector is loose. Check the plug in the trunk that hooks up the fuel pump. This isn't a tune issue, it's a "no fuel" issue or a "no spark" issue.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

^ what he said seems to be correct
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LSX Block
we do not have a handle held or computer software to revert back to stock. we are going back to the shop next week to get the tune fixed ( if it is a tuning problem).
I highly suggest you buy a handheld tuner. Not being able to revert back to stock can lead to a major headache.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 PM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAJ
You've got a wiring harness problem. A wire is shorted or broken somewhere, or a connector is loose. Check the plug in the trunk that hooks up the fuel pump. This isn't a tune issue, it's a "no fuel" issue or a "no spark" issue.
I agree. It is either getting no fuel or is flooded. It remindes me of the flooding issue in my mazda since you said that it occationally starts. I had to put a kill switch in to burn out all the fuel to prevent that. But hopefully once you have the ECU re-tuned all your problems will be taken care of.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 PM
LSX Block

we had the car towed today to the dealership to see if they could tell us if its for sure a tune problem. maybe they can flash it back to stock ? also we both understand that tuning can void a warranty, but we just want to get the problem solved.

Quick Reply: modded 2011 GT problems