Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

modded 2011 GT problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve

Originally Posted by Swoope
lets see,

they put in a new battery in. thus clearing the ecu and it started. then you hit the light switch and it stopped and you have modded the lights.

well signs say you have a wiring issue with the lights. pull everything you put in, and check all the wiring where you worked.. also check all the fuses in the panel.

beers
Yeah whats strange is that i completely disconnected the lights and tried starting it up and it bogged a little bit then started. Now its starting up fine and i can drive it.... Although its still at the dealership and is driveable im still scared to drive it on the main road.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:12 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Who installed the lights? Did that person just find random wires to tap into? Sounds like when the lights are turned on, something is grounding out or drawing too many amps and shutting the engine down.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve

im pretty sure we installed the lights correctly. can u make a vid or something to guide me thru how to properly install them?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:42 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve
im pretty sure we installed the lights correctly. can u make a vid or something to guide me thru how to properly install them?
rele? You shouldnt try something like that if you have NO idea what you are doing....
Old 08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtflyboy25
rele? You shouldnt try something like that if you have NO idea what you are doing....
Agreed. Lesson learned I guess. Unless you do not know what you are doing, dont do it. Next time, just see if you get someone to help you out....

Is there anyone that you know that has worked on cars before or maybe another stang owner in your area? Maybe they can take a look at what you did....
Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve

Originally Posted by mtflyboy25
My friend and I did it and i thought he knew what he was doing. We recently figured out that the problem was occuring from a wire from the HID kit was grounded on top of a factory grounded wire. Simple but stupid mistake.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

So its fixed now?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LSX Block
well lets back track now, he was one of the first tuned 5.0L to come out of livernois. me and him are friends we did not want to release the name of the shop. i joined this forum just to give faster replays on the update on the car. and yes we are going back to livernois, i just wanted to let you know its a shop good we got his tune done at.

and yes the 5.0L is a great engine, i realize that. but there are so many people i know including myself that would kill you at a strip, so get off your high horse and lets get back to this thread. than you.
lets back track a little more, because aparently you enjoy your reading in the dark, with your eyes closed.

Mishri did not say he was out there crushing every car on the track, just any LSx N/A cars, besides one vette.

not faster than your friends car or your car or anyone elses cars for that matter, he was talking about cars at his local track that he has come in contact with. now if your ready to get back on track i wont call my friend pall walker into this thread and embarass you with power that a real car makes.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve

Originally Posted by Maraman
lets back track a little more, because aparently you enjoy your reading in the dark, with your eyes closed.

Mishri did not say he was out there crushing every car on the track, just any LSx N/A cars, besides one vette.

not faster than your friends car or your car or anyone elses cars for that matter, he was talking about cars at his local track that he has come in contact with. now if your ready to get back on track i wont call my friend pall walker into this thread and embarass you with power that a real car makes.
How mishri worded it didn't make much sense. Also its spelt paul walker big boy.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Amorin5.0@PatioPreserve
How mishri worded it didn't make much sense. Also its spelt paul walker big boy.
good call

Quick Reply: modded 2011 GT problems