Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Introducing the Bama Performance 2011+ Mustang GT Custom Tune Warranty

Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Thanks again everyone for all of the positive feedback. We do think that our tune files will prevent cylinder #8 issues, so moving forward (this was asked above) as of the date I posted the warranty on the forums, you're good to go! This will be valid on any custom tuning device from Bama, including CAI/Tuner packages that come with an SCT or Diablo device.

Truckbutt, we're not going to post confidential conversations with our attorney out on a public internet forum, LOL. Please feel free to dig through Magnum Moss Warranty Act, which will give you a good idea of why we legally can't offer previous warranties, and it has to be available to customers at the time of purchase.

Regardless, as we mentioned many times before, previous Bama customers can be as comfortable and assured that Bama is here for them with or without the piece of paper. I don't know how much more clear I can get than that.

Hope this answers all of your questions
Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Truckbutt
Banned

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Truckbutt, we're not going to post confidential conversations with our attorney out on a public internet forum, LOL. Please feel free to dig through Magnum Moss Warranty Act, which will give you a good idea of why we legally can't offer previous warranties, and it has to be available to customers at the time of purchase.
There you go. When companies hide behind attorney client privilige it's usually because they don't want you to know how their screwing you. If AM wanted to make things right, they could send an e mail or letter to all purchasers of tunes for 2011 Mustangs not covered by a warranty at the time of purchase, that AM will cover any damage to the #8 cylinder related to use of a Bama Tune. Call it a post purchase protection plan.
Your response clearly shows that you could care less about those of us that already purchased a tune for our 2011 Mustangs. I'm not surprised. It's pretty much the same response I got the week before a long holiday weekend. I was having problems with a tune file and the SCT software. The helpful staff at AM told me that there was nothing that they could do and to call back after the holiday. They told me to rermove my CAI and return my vehicle to stock if I wanted to drive it for the next 5 days.
"LOL" to customers who already bought their tunes from AM.
I haven't bought anything from AM since then and I never will.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 AM
astentine
2nd Gear Member

Good for you truckbutt, you tell them! Maybe as your screen name says, you should just stick your butt to trucks...

Grow up and as I said before, you don't like it, sell your tuner and buy another one with the warranty if you're that insecure. Now run along and play, recess is almost over!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Thanks again everyone for all of the positive feedback. We do think that our tune files will prevent cylinder #8 issues,

Regardless, as we mentioned many times before, previous Bama customers can be as comfortable and assured that Bama is here for them with or without the piece of paper. I don't know how much more clear I can get than that Hope this answers all of your questions
Am I missing something??? it sure sounds to me that AM is telling you they will cover you regardless of when you purchased the tune. Yes???
Old 07-26-2011, 08:54 AM
astentine
2nd Gear Member

You're not missing something. He's just sore because he's behind. It's just like buying a computer. The day after you buy yours, something better comes out!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

He's sore because some people just arent' happy unless they're b*tchin' about something.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jlc41
Am I missing something??? it sure sounds to me that AM is telling you they will cover you regardless of when you purchased the tune. Yes???
Well I partially understand his concern, although AM is a good company so I don't think it would be a problem, because it's just a promise on a forum, there's no legal backing that they'd have to solve your problem if you were a prior customer and blew #8. It's just that warranty is a binding contract while speaking on a forum saying you're safe if you have an older tune, is something that wouldn't hold up that well legally if you tried to pursue them over a problem they didn't want to fix.

None-the-less I'm not saying AM can do anything about it, if they can't give prior 2011 owners warranties, then so be it, but law is crappy business. Even the M&M Warranty Act can effectively be avoided because corporations have the judicial branch of this country in a vice being that lawyers are expensive as hell.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

When GM and Chrysler extended their warranties (100k and Lifetime powertrain) they did not give warrant to previous model years. AM has said that regardless of the warranty, they will be there for you. Any company could sit on the sidelines and not do anything. AM is doing everything in their power to be the best mustang aftermarket company out there.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:38 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

One question I bought my sct from AM for my 04gt now ima buy the tunes for life again for my 2012 5.0 (since it's a diff car) am I covered?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CubanoGT
One question I bought my sct from AM for my 04gt now ima buy the tunes for life again for my 2012 5.0 (since it's a diff car) am I covered?
We are working on this possibility right now and I will update you soon!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing the Bama Performance 2011+ Mustang GT Custom Tune Warranty