Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

The Truth about the MT-82

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:48 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

I think a lot of guys are missing the OP's point. He took it in while stock 3 times with trans problems and no resolution. Like many others have from what I have read with the same results. That IMO is not the way to do business.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jlc41
I think a lot of guys are missing the OP's point. He took it in while stock 3 times with trans problems and no resolution. Like many others have from what I have read with the same results. That IMO is not the way to do business.
Sounds like your missing everyone else's point.

OP stated that he took the car in 3 times for service from ford, since ford didn't resolve the issue he decided to mod the car until it broke.

If you have a bad trans and the dealer isn't fixing the problem, take it to a different dealer, or take the issue higher then that. Don't throw boost at the car and expect your problems to just go away, then go back to ford blaming them for putting the wrong trans in your car.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maraman

OP stated that he took the car in 3 times for service from ford, since ford didn't resolve the issue he decided to mod the car until it broke.

If you have a bad trans and the dealer isn't fixing the problem, take it to a different dealer, or take the issue higher then that. Don't throw boost at the car and expect your problems to just go away, then go back to ford blaming them for putting the wrong trans in your car.
+1

But I agree Ford should be handling this better.

I think my MT82 is great, but I still haven't touched the drivetrain and I won't until this issue is ironed out.

And 700hp? Why? You can't drive that on the road. If you want a 1/4 mile car, I agree with a previous poster who said get an auto (even tho I'm not a fan of autos).
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by unas2k5
I have a 2012 5.0 with a TR60606 and a functioning speedo.

I was just wondering if you were able to rebuild your MT82? I do still have mine. I may let go the TR6060 since I'm staying naturally aspirated...
yes, rebuilt and upgraded , its taken time but the car should hit the road end of this month.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by angryBits
+1

But I agree Ford should be handling this better.

I think my MT82 is great, but I still haven't touched the drivetrain and I won't until this issue is ironed out.

And 700hp? Why? You can't drive that on the road. If you want a 1/4 mile car, I agree with a previous poster who said get an auto (even tho I'm not a fan of autos).
i'm sticking with a manual cause i have more fun at the road course, also sticking with it to try something different and cause when it dose works, it works good and i like the ratios.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:34 AM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Element155
i'm sticking with a manual cause i have more fun at the road course, also sticking with it to try something different and cause when it dose works, it works good and i like the ratios.
Even with a good working MT, 700hp in a 3600lb car sounds like more than I could handle on a road course - but I'd have a blast trying!

BTW - what mod route did you take to reach the 700hp mark? Turbo or SC? Stock internals?
If you don't mind me asking - what did it cost after installation?

Thanks

Last edited by angryBits; 11-07-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:27 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Quality is job # 1 uh no ford had issues in the past they have some serious issues now with the new mustang and other cars in their line up i feel sorry for you guys with the new 6 speed I've seen enough videos and articles written on these cars. The one thing I can't help thinking with other mustang guys that we talked about but in the 03-04 cobra's and the gt500's why not use the transmisions in those cars that proved themselves as reliable units oh I know why cost less for them but jack up the prices for eveyone else who wants the first new car on the block. I would have bought a used gt550 for the money vs. the new 5.0 I drove one no big deal lets see what the 2014 model will just as good quality I guess.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nj07
Quality is job # 1 uh no ford had issues in the past they have some serious issues now with the new mustang and other cars in their line up i feel sorry for you guys with the new 6 speed I've seen enough videos and articles written on these cars. The one thing I can't help thinking with other mustang guys that we talked about but in the 03-04 cobra's and the gt500's why not use the transmisions in those cars that proved themselves as reliable units oh I know why cost less for them but jack up the prices for eveyone else who wants the first new car on the block. I would have bought a used gt550 for the money vs. the new 5.0 I drove one no big deal lets see what the 2014 model will just as good quality I guess.
Lets not blow things out of proportion, of all the Mustang's sold the past 2 years only a select few are having issues. Most are not. If you go over to the Camaro and Dodge Challenger forums you will find a select few that have issues with their cars as well. Granted when someone experiences these issues its a concern for others who don't. My 2012 is running great with no issues, I've added Roush axlebacks, and will soon add the new MGW shifter. I'm planning minor upgrades in the future like Summer wheels and tires, a sway bar kit, and Qa1 rear shocks. Love this car, and its only gonna get better..
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Maraman

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!

WHY IN THE WORLD would you throw boost at a car when you KNOW it is
having problems in the first place!

That has got to be some of the most HORRIBLE logic I have EVER heard
when it comes to dealing with a problem or modding a Mustang... PERIOD!

To the person that did this:
You did it because WHY?
Did you do it thinking it would actually help?
Did you do it just because you were mad?
No matter why you did it, it makes NO SENSE at ALL.

WHAT.
THE.
FAAAACKLES?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 AM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
Lets not blow things out of proportion, of all the Mustang's sold the past 2 years only a select few are having issues. Most are not. If you go over to the Camaro and Dodge Challenger forums you will find a select few that have issues with their cars as well. Granted when someone experiences these issues its a concern for others who don't. My 2012 is running great with no issues, I've added Roush axlebacks, and will soon add the new MGW shifter. I'm planning minor upgrades in the future like Summer wheels and tires, a sway bar kit, and Qa1 rear shocks. Love this car, and its only gonna get better..
+1

My 2011 Mustang GT runs awesome - I wouldn't trade it for anything.
The 6-speed is a badass. Nice and notchy with short throws, very euro quality feel.

Quick Reply: The Truth about the MT-82