Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Cold air intake

Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 AM
5.0Racer
1st Gear Member

Curious why K&N has yet to produce a CAI for the new 5.0 could it be because the stock one with a drop in is just as good...maybe they dont know how to compliment it with a tune...I've always used K&N .
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 AM
yankeehick5.0
1st Gear Member

i just intalled a steeda CAI with bama tuner tonight and can't be happier with the results. it's like a new car! I have a 2011 5.0
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0Racer
Curious why K&N has yet to produce a CAI for the new 5.0 could it be because the stock one with a drop in is just as good...maybe they dont know how to compliment it with a tune...I've always used K&N .
Give it time; they will also throw their hat in the ring and make one for the Coyote too.
When it does come out, I wonder how they will improve on what the others have not already done so? Maybe the K&N one will be sold with a large throttle body piece since that part would be the most restrictive part forward of the intake manifold.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

I have the Steeda with their "Aggressive" tune, the car also has a full Stainless Works exhaust system.

Just got it back from my tuner: 433 horse and 398 torque.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
q8stang
3rd Gear Member

i have tuned JLT and C&L intakes on 2011 mustangs and since these are the only two intakes i sell i can tell you, you wont go wrong with either one of these but the jlt usually makes around 16 more hp then the C&L on my dyno.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Albjuli

Thank you all for your help. Has anyone installed or know somebody who has an AEM CAI on 2011 GT ? Looking at dyno results it seems like the only one not to loose any power on low rpm.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Albjuli
Thank you all for your help. Has anyone installed or know somebody who has an AEM CAI on 2011 GT ? Looking at dyno results it seems like the only one not to loose any power on low rpm.
I've never heard of this company, but make sure that you are looking to see if they are running it with a tune, check out American Muscle's website, great prices, all name brands and always free shipping.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-m...on=headerlinks
Old 10-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Personnally, I stay away from K&N. In my opinion, most (if not all) of their products are 1. Overpriced and 2. Don't produce the gains that other, smaller companies offer.

I'm coming from the Diesel Performance realm, and NONE of the serious guys use K&N Products. In the last five years or so, it seems to me that the quality has dropped off. I noticed a lot of "dusting" on my turbo of my 7.3L Powerstroke after installing a K&N filter w/ my intake setup. Had to install a pre-filter (bag) b/c no-one else makes a filter big enough for my setup/needs.

Personnally, I like the look of the JLT 5.0 intake. It's clean, simple, and only flashy if you want it that way. (i.e. Carbon Fiber and painted offerings)
Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I'll throw our hat into the ring... AirAid CAI with UPR/SCT Tuner:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...ackage-11.html

It adds 30+ rwhp.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Albjuli

I agree the JLT and AIRAID look pretty good. I was also thinking about buying a fordracing tuner or SCT tuner for my 5.0
Any if you all have any experience or suggestions for either ?
Thanks for the time you take to share your thoughts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold air intake