Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Full Header to over axel exhaust systems

Old 10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

oops....

Link to View Available Headers

Link to View Available Cat Back Systems
Old 10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Do you guys have Off Road H pipes?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

Funny you should ask, we have recently gotten a number of requests for this and we are looking into producing this. Should we do a group buy? I don't understand why people want an aftermarket H-pipe to replace a factory H-pipe?? Please tell me.......

Tech Note: Our dyno testers have proven that the x-pipe will make more power over the standard H-pipe configuration. H-pipe creates some turbulence but it gives people the sound they want.

2011+ Mustang GT 2-1/2" 304 SS headpipes and offroad X-pipe to connect to manifolds and replace factory h-pipe and catalytic converters.
Mates up to factory connection points at both ends for easy bolt on installation to add great power to your car!
Click Here

Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Couple reasons, sound and price. I am a fan of the off road X, but sometimes the sound of them is way to raspy and pops. Can ruin your entire exhaust sound. Along with that they are crazy high priced compared to the off road H's. Like upwards of 800 bucks compared to 3-400 for O/R H's.

5.0 Mustang and Fast Fords magazine just had an article, some shop they were featuring installed an off road X along with Magnaflow Catback I believe it was on their 2012 Boss, after tuning it gained 11 Horse I think it was. I dont think the extra bucks are worth such a small gain in power, along with making the car sound worse. Thats just how I look at it.

Last edited by Maraman; 10-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

I've got to confirm w/ the dealer (forgot to ask the Service Manager while I was there today) that replacing the h-pipe w/ a catted x and doing a cat-back would or wouldn't void my powertrain warranty. Heck, I probably wouldn't even tune the car. I'd just like it to sound a little more aggressive and a little louder. Depending on what the dealership's policy is, I'm getting the most I can get away w/, from Stainless Works!! Those parts just look soo dang sexy!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ditty
I've got to confirm w/ the dealer (forgot to ask the Service Manager while I was there today) that replacing the h-pipe w/ a catted x and doing a cat-back would or wouldn't void my powertrain warranty. Heck, I probably wouldn't even tune the car. I'd just like it to sound a little more aggressive and a little louder. Depending on what the dealership's policy is, I'm getting the most I can get away w/, from Stainless Works!! Those parts just look soo dang sexy!
you have to tune the car in order to recieve the performance gains that they add, you will also have O2 sensor lights on your dash if you do not tune them out
Old 10-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Maraman
you have to tune the car in order to recieve the performance gains that they add, you will also have O2 sensor lights on your dash if you do not tune them out
yes because your Air-Fuel-Ratio may be a little on the rich side and the 02 sensors will not be able to read properly due to the higher velocity exhaust gases
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I have heard the H pipe is raspy on the 2011 GT and the X pipe sounds better.. I need to hear some sound clips.. i haven't yet. I think the factory h-pipe sounds a little bit raspy on deceleration
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

Here are some sound clips, the second video sounds more accurate IMO