Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Really???!!! Bubbles in my Paint!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Default Really???!!! Bubbles in my Paint!?

So, this morning I had to run an errand, and as I'm leaving my stop, i notice the paint all jacked up on the DS rear. Looked at first like someone hit the car. Upon further inspection, it is CLEARLY Bird-Poo and it ATE THROUGH MY PAINT!!!!

I walked around the car and it's also happening on the hood. WTF!? Is bird poo THAT acidic that in about 2 hours it can eat through clearcoat AND paint???!!

Anyone else have this issue? I'm taking it to FORD tomorrow to see wtf!

(EDIT): I've had this car less than a week and I've washed it THREE times!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I have never heard of that. Are you sure it was from a bird? What I though was paint on my fender one time was actually acid from my battery that had exploded. Of course that ate away everything until the metal.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

I'll get some pics. It looks VERY like bird-poo. and the paint bubbled and is now peeling off.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Investigated the car a little. It is NOT poo. It's a chemical. So SOMEONE poured/sprayed some unknown at this time chemical on my car and it ate the paint. There are three distinct spots where it was poured. If/When I find out the culprit...death will ensue!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Is your vehicle near a public road (or in a parking lot)? Perhaps some type of maintenance or garbage truck was traveling by and whatever the substance was splashed off. I would suggest checking (or asking the owners) of vehicles that parked next you at that time (if applicable) to see if they suffered the results as well.

Then again, it could have happened while you were on the road. I feel an insurance claim coming up in your future. Lol. But I seriously know how you feel. When my battery exploded I was so pissed.

Get some pics up when you can though. I know I am curious to see the damage and I am sure others are too.

Last edited by SilverStallion05; 10-11-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Had a mechanic friend look at it. It's Brake Fluid. So definatly NOT an accident. I'm sooo pissed. There are three spots, and once the office cools down, I'll get the pics I took up.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

even though youve determined its not bird poop, my friend had some bird poop on the passenger side of his car that he didnt notice for a while (it was parked in a lot at college and he doesnt need to use it much) and when he went to get it off, it pulled quarter sized chunks of paint off too lol

but yeah, get some pictures up
Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

The PICS!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

I'd be punching faces.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

I'm 90% sure it's one of two people. Either a) the morons that broke into my truck months ago and have court tomorrow, or b) my nasty nieghbor that hates when someone parks in 'her' spot (open parking mind you) in front of her house. I parked there last night.

Either way, heads are going to roll if/when I learn who the culprit is.

Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see if they will cover it, (doubtful), and if not, to the insurance company I go!!!

Quick Reply: Really???!!! Bubbles in my Paint!?