Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Front End Collision / Replacement After-markets

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 PM
terrellble
1st Gear Member

Angry Front End Collision / Replacement After-markets

Good Afternoon,

Recently was involved in a heavy fender bender you could say in my 2011 Mustang GT prem.

OEM parts are super expensive and looking to see if any after market OEM options to replace just the hood, grill, front bumper and possibly the lights are out there. Wondering if you had the chance, what parts would you buy. I'm sure on most of the after market replacements would need to be painted also to match. The stripes are coming off btw.

I'm getting the damage appraisal on Friday morning, so I should have a total money amount then.

For now, here are the pics:

Old 10-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

OUCH!!! Personally, if I were gonna go aftermarket, I'd roll a carbon fiber or fiberglass hood (stock style or reverse vented to let heat escape), VERY tastefull stockish replacement front bumper and stock fenders. You'll probably come out even vise getting all stock parts.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

check out:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/

https://cervinis.com/Default.aspx
Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Mighty
1st Gear Member

Great opportunity to make some upgrades. I hit an eagle and ****ed up the grille and hood so I did this:

Name:  sIQG6.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  252.1 KB
Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 AM
terrellble
1st Gear Member

OOOoo i really like that.
I decided to just get everything fixed for now. It only has 5k miles and didn't want to wait long for aftermarket etc. Can you believe the stock aluminum hood is $1300!

I was able to get the stripes taken off which i'm pretty happy about. Which grill is that btw?

Nice looking ride btw.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Mighty
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by terrellble
OOOoo i really like that.
I decided to just get everything fixed for now. It only has 5k miles and didn't want to wait long for aftermarket etc. Can you believe the stock aluminum hood is $1300!

I was able to get the stripes taken off which i'm pretty happy about. Which grill is that btw?

Nice looking ride btw.
I had right around 300 miles on mine when I hit the bird. It was less than 24 hours off the lot. Grrrrr. Yup. $1369 I believe they told me. The Trufiber cowl hood I got was $529. If you play your cards right, you'll be able to get an aftermarket hood as well as an aftermarket grille and awesome fascia all paid for by insurance.

The grille: http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...ille-2010.html

Last edited by Mighty; 10-21-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Aftermarket all the way man.... CF hood! cool grill... I have a 3dcarbon body kit i will sell you for $1300... Like the full kit too haha.. head light splitters, front rear bumpers, side bumper things (im tired dont judge)... hood scoop, windfow scoops, fender vents, gt500 spoiler and more man..

Check out what it looks like and let me know... All new never installed unpainted in original box.. I hit a tree in mine and no longer need the kit...
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mighty
Great opportunity to make some upgrades. I hit an eagle and ****ed up the grille and hood so I did this:
Am I the only one who had a massive WTF moment when reading this? I would have to think your odds of actually hitting an eagle are so low it would never happen. At least you got some goodies out of it!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

If it was a Bald Eagle did you get fined?? hehehe j/k. Yeah, how DID you hit an eagle?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Mighty
1st Gear Member

Believe me, I know the odds were against it. I had never even seen an eagle before. I had passed into Michigan on I-94 when, out of nowhere, this creature swooped down to grab some roadkill or something. He hit the leading edge of my hood and grille and then I ran him over. I made a thread about it:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-an-eagle.html

Quick Reply: Front End Collision / Replacement After-markets