Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Which after cat X pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

If your looking to get an o/r x pipe, just go with BBR or Lethal performance. Their's are much cheaper ($250 I believe) and they work great. There are a few for sale on svtperformance.com
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
B.A.Q

I remember reading that they need to be welded or am I confusing it with another product?

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
If your looking to get an o/r x pipe, just go with BBR or Lethal performance. Their's are much cheaper ($250 I believe) and they work great. There are a few for sale on svtperformance.com
Old 01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
2008 GT4ME

I bought the Stainless JBA mid-pipe from American Muscle and it was very inexpensive.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jba-xpipe-0510gt.html

DW
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@GrabberBlue: I know this post is way old, but was just curious if you purchased the After Cat Xpipe or not??? I have a Roush axle back as well and recently purchased the BBK After Cat Xpipe. Plan on installing it next week, but wanted to see if anyone had the same set up..
Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I ended up going with an o/r x pipe (need to update my sig with a bunch of stuff). From what I have heard though, the after cat x cleans up the sound of the roushs a lot. You will have a much more refined sound without all the rasp
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Oh ok. The BBK After Cat X-Pipe I ordered came in yesterday, but prior to ordering, I went thru a couple of youtube videos to check for sound (of course youtube serves no true justice, lol). Then I came across this thread and had to ask.

I've been reading about the o/r x-pipe and a little clueless to exactly what that is. Is is a mid pipe or something? Also, how does it sound with your Roush. I'm on the same boat as you were. I have the Roush, but want just a little extra sound to it (not too much)....
Old 08-29-2012, 04:47 AM
jyna06gt
1st Gear Member

i got the magnaflow catback with their after cat xpipe and it sounds BEAST!! the xpipe bolted on easy and made it sound so much better. I cant speak for deleting the res. bc i had stock exhaust and switched it all out at the same time. If anyone is looking for a after cat x-pipe def go with magnaflow the fit was perfect.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

I love the sound of my Bassani true after cat x pipe, not just that I added it before I installed a tune and it made a difference in power then! Now that I have an intake and tune its monstrous !!!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Oh ok. The BBK After Cat X-Pipe I ordered came in yesterday, but prior to ordering, I went thru a couple of youtube videos to check for sound (of course youtube serves no true justice, lol). Then I came across this thread and had to ask.

I've been reading about the o/r x-pipe and a little clueless to exactly what that is. Is is a mid pipe or something? Also, how does it sound with your Roush. I'm on the same boat as you were. I have the Roush, but want just a little extra sound to it (not too much)....
Your exhaust consists of (im going to put this in quotes because I know someone will try to stir something up) 4 sections.

Headers (Longtubes or shorties) factory are shorty

Mid-pipe (X or H, o/r or catted, long or short. Long tube headers require using a shorty X or H)

Cat-back (which is essentially the same as axleback however includes the pipe that streches the mid (X or H) to the axleback. Each cat-back kit comes with a set of axlebacks + the mating mid-pipe-pipe (lol)

Axle-back (basically the part you hear most, straight or resonated, consists of the tubes that stick out the back with the shiny tips.

What I am curious about is if anyone has used the section that comes with the cat-backs in the kit that mates to the mid, but used a seperate axleback. For example:

Magnaflow catback's mated with SLP axlebacks. I don't see why this wouldn't work and am curious to hear the sound difference.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:21 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Thanks Maraman for the info. With that being said, I think the next move I'm considering are the BBK Shorty Headers (Manufacturers state is goes along with the BBK After Cat X-Pipe). Based on my research, I heard the shorties are easier to install compared to the long tube headers...

Quick Reply: Which after cat X pipe??