Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Thinking of getting back in the game...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

I have a friend who got a flat tire. Don't buy a Mustang, everybody and their brother are taking them back for cars without tires because of this issue.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:22 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Whatever I just gave my 02, sorry if you manual owners didnt appreciate it. Thats the point of a forum, to get various opinions and info which I gave for the OP. The 32 complaints is bull**** cause theres a ton more than 32 people. I know of atleast 5 personally and my local dealer has had 3 in their service department for new trannies. Talk to people who have experienced this issue first hand (I have not) and see what they think. I know when I started a thread about it, the manual trans was the only issue that had me worried, hence the reason I got an auto.

and yes sorry that came out wrong about voiding the warranty. They will void it if something goes wrong with it (obviously). If your cyl #8 fails, and you have a tune, say bye bye to your warranty. Thats what I was trying to interpret. They wont refuse to fix your struts if you have a tune, but again thats obvious
Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Actually it was 364 complaints, my bad.

https://mustangforums.com/articles/i...estigation.php
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Grabber, I see that your last (2010) mustang was an auto too .. was that because you were dodging transmission issues?

look broham, it's okay if you have your preference, nobody's knocking it. I was an automatic guy too, until I drove my first manual. never looked back.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

that being said (had to call it out lol), there are definitely some issues that have surfaced with the manual transmission for this car. it's blown way out of proportion though as is any issue on the internet. the issues are still rare despite how common some like to make it sound - but it's common enough to be note worthy and of slight concern.

still, I'll take my chances of a faulty manual trans over an automatic, as my personal preference.

I've barely had my car but just reading about the issues has me somewhat paranoid. on cold starts, my 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts are a little rough. it goes away within a few minutes of driving but I am going to have it checked out regardless. I love warranties.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Listen im not arguing with any1 here. Yes entaille my 2010 was an auto cause it was my first car and my father wouldnt let me get a stick. That had nothing to do with me. I 10000% wanted a manual with my 12 and thats the first thing I said to my salesman. After test driving it and doing some research I said its not worth taking the chances. Thats my story and why I drive an auto
Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

your age shows. tone down the passion in your opinions and they will be better received. you made a good decision if it was that much of a concern to you. I made a good decision on getting the manual despite the slim risk. nobody is in the wrong : )
Old 01-04-2012, 05:35 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Seriously, I had the fluid changed like the TSB states to and it was WIN after that, this shifts much better than my 08 manual........zero clunky sounds.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
stangs13
1st Gear Member

If you want the mt just have them put in mt fluid if they haven't already...seems to fix everyone's problem.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM
jpmotorsport

Ha. I would never buy this car without the manual trans.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting back in the game...