Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Just ordered my 2012 GT... premium manual 3.73 Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You gonna love it! FYI, start a tire fund...the stock tires lasted around 16,000 miles for me. There was still tread, but got dangerous for me this fall. My car is a daily driver in Saint Louis, so you may get more life depending on where/ how much you drive. I switched to Michilin pilot A/S plus...$$$$ but well worth it.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:55 PM
MightyMike16

Good luck with the new rides. You won't be dissapointed!!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:06 PM
r00st
1st Gear Member

What day did you order? I thought the order banks closed on the 12th?

If not I wonder if I can still order a car tomorrow???

I am having trouble locating a car on a lot that suits me (base model black GT 12 with 6mt and 3.73s as only option). Plus its winter and it would be nice to get the car in 4-8 weeks when its hopefully a little warmer.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
General Jack

Originally Posted by r00st
What day did you order? I thought the order banks closed on the 12th?

If not I wonder if I can still order a car tomorrow???

I am having trouble locating a car on a lot that suits me (base model black GT 12 with 6mt and 3.73s as only option). Plus its winter and it would be nice to get the car in 4-8 weeks when its hopefully a little warmer.
I ordered on Friday the 13th. I had 2 dealers tell me that the order banks had in fact closed, like you said. Both said they could only squeeze one in by a favor... for different reasons.

If you are wanting to order a '12 I would talk to your dealer Monday and keep your fingers crossed. I would have never guessed that January 13th would be the last day you could order that model year. Crazy.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
General Jack

Originally Posted by MightyMike16
Good luck with the new rides. You won't be dissapointed!!
Yes, I'm excited. Nice set up you have there, looks like exactly what I'm going with. Everything I need and nothing I don't.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:51 PM
General Jack

Originally Posted by MrSandman
You gonna love it! FYI, start a tire fund...the stock tires lasted around 16,000 miles for me. There was still tread, but got dangerous for me this fall. My car is a daily driver in Saint Louis, so you may get more life depending on where/ how much you drive. I switched to Michilin pilot A/S plus...$$$$ but well worth it.
Thanks for the head's up... and nice car btw!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM
GearHead5Point0
1st Gear Member

Congratulations! You ordered a Mustang with all the packages and extra's I am trying to find, except I am trying to locate a black exterior. It is becoming very difficult to find 2012 Mustang's with options you want. Pressure's on as I'm not quite to fond of the 2013 Mustang's...

Congratulations again.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Ronp17

Its worth the wait to get what you want. Had to wait 10 weeks to get mine. Ordered Mid August and got it last day of October. Wanted the brembo package in red candy metallic with 3.55's and the upgraded leather seats. Dealer searched everywhere and couldnt find the exact combination of options i wanted in any color. Mine was delayed in part because of a tire shortage.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Joe Pooch
1st Gear Member

Watch those rebates... i just picked up my 12 stang loaded with everything and had the same deal, invoice before rebates (being military def helps)
buttt... check what the requirements are for all those rebates. I think its like a 1000 for a return Ford buyer, and 1000 returning a leased car. Regardless even tho they quoted me at 3k rebates i only got 1k plus an extra 500 cash back for military.

Either way, I'm Happy with my 2012 GT I got. A smudge 38k and loaded with EVERYTHING even with the appearance package and free oil change
Love this car as I'm sure you will too!
Good Luck!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 PM
blizzman0014

Originally Posted by Joe Pooch
Watch those rebates... i just picked up my 12 stang loaded with everything and had the same deal, invoice before rebates (being military def helps)
buttt... check what the requirements are for all those rebates. I think its like a 1000 for a return Ford buyer, and 1000 returning a leased car. Regardless even tho they quoted me at 3k rebates i only got 1k plus an extra 500 cash back for military.

Either way, I'm Happy with my 2012 GT I got. A smudge 38k and loaded with EVERYTHING even with the appearance package and free oil change
Love this car as I'm sure you will too!
Good Luck!
When did you order, build date, delivery date, etc?

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 2012 GT... premium manual 3.73 Brembo