Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Offroad pipe

Old 01-15-2012, 11:25 PM
mattaglover

Default Offroad pipe

Does anyone know if there is a pipe sold to go from the front of your xpipe to the manifold to just replace the cats? I know it is sold with xpipes but I already have one. I just want the cat replacement itself.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattaglover
Does anyone know if there is a pipe sold to go from the front of your xpipe to the manifold to just replace the cats? I know it is sold with xpipes but I already have one. I just want the cat replacement itself.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...rentProductId=
Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Morty8833
1st Gear Member

If you use that part though will any of the aftermarket headers bolt directly up to that or would it just be a waist of money to buy that? I also have a standard x-pipe with the cats and would like to remove them, but I also want to get some kooks or AR headers down the road. Will they fit?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morty8833
If you use that part though will any of the aftermarket headers bolt directly up to that or would it just be a waist of money to buy that? I also have a standard x-pipe with the cats and would like to remove them, but I also want to get some kooks or AR headers down the road. Will they fit?
No those cat delete pipes only work with the stock H and the factory manafolds. They literally just replace the cats in between the manafolds and the H.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Morty8833
1st Gear Member

Are there any options to do a cat delete with a non-offroad x-pipe and headers?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morty8833
Are there any options to do a cat delete with a non-offroad x-pipe and headers?

huh?? I dont think you know what you are looking for. An offroad X will not have cats. Any midpipe that is called offroad will not have cats. The link I posted is strictly to remove the stock cats from the stock midpipe. That also only works with the stock manafolds that bolt to the motor. If you are looking for long tube headers, then you will need a completely different X or H pipe with or without cats usually provided by the company that makes the long tubes. But if you simply want to remove the cats from your stock setup (not including an axleback) all you need are those cat delete pipes. There is also an H to X swapout pipe but that has nothing to do with the cats and Im sure all it will do is confuse you more. I hope this explains it.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Morty8833
1st Gear Member

I don't think I am confused.

For example I have a bassani x-pipe and axleback exhaust setup, I want to add headers but delete my cats as well.

I was hoping I would not have to buy a different x-pipe and by that I mean an off-road x-pipe which deletes the cats. Bassani headers require you to buy there cat adapter, which is cool, but again I want to delete the cats, and I would also like to go with Kooks or AR headers which is why I was asking if there were any options for connecting LT headers to a standard x-pipe and deleting the cats (for example the original cat-delete pipe you originally suggested). A setup like this probably doesn't exist but I figured I would ask anyways.

I will most likely end up going with a different brand (off-road) x-pipe which will work, but I want to save money if I can by not having to replace an x-pipe I already have. Sorry for the paragraph but I know I am not confused with how an off-road x-pipe works.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
mattaglover

hey thanks for thge link man. That was exactly what I was looking for. Crazy they want to charge $140 for pipe.
It sounds like you want Long tubes Morty8833 but the setup you are looking for would work with shorty headers and a cat delete. Thats the same thing I am doing right now.
I have heard Pypes and JPC both sell long tubes that will bolt up to a normal x though. Might be worth checking out. Once my car is out of warranty I will be getting one of these.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Morty8833
1st Gear Member

Yeah I really screwed myself when I bought my exhaust setup, but at the time I had plans on doing a full Bassani setup including LT's, but now I really love the way Kooks and AR LT's sound and I want to have something different than everyone else. Now I just have to figure out if its possible to use any of those LT's with my current mid pipe.

I would think that I could just weld those cat delete pipes to the headers/mid pipe and call it a day. I know there might be some fitment issues, but wouldn't that work?