Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 Mustang GT DISABLE DRLs??

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

mine does not have drls as well.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Jiggy_One
Your car does not have DRLs. Wow. I also had a 2011 base without HIDs and again NO DRLs. And the other three friends I have with premium and base cars with and without HIDs also have no DRLs. Maybe you need to bring you car in. Its broke.
The other poster is correct Jiggy, it is all in whether the function has been activated in the smart junction box is all. Since it isn't required on this side of the border it is usually turned off. A friend had to get the SJB replaced on his car and suddenly - he had the DRL's. It was a quick reprogramming and the DRL was turned off.

So your car does have the CAPABILITY of DRL's, as was said. It simply isn't activated, same with your other car and your three friend's cars.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:28 PM
mossy89

Jiggy idk where at in Illinois you live, but I am willing to bet money and meet u that I have DRLs. Every switch will be off in my car for headlights, as soon as my car is put in drive, they're on. You don't know what your talking about.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:50 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

In my state, the insurance companies actually give you a discount for DRLs. I actually toyed with the idea of wiring up my fogs to stay on as DRLs.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
mossy89

Well, if these a way to have the dealer turn them off, I will. But according to them if you shut off the part that controls DRLs, it shuts off rear defrost and about 4 other things that u don't want off. They said they were still willing to look for me tho. If there was a way to put the drl function on the fogs I'd do that. I'm going to be deleting them anyway. I have the raxioms and the s281 grille. Eventually going to get the boss lower fascia with fogs. Any tips or wiring work arounds are appreciated. Are there any ford techs on here??
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mossy89
Jiggy idk where at in Illinois you live, but I am willing to bet money and meet u that I have DRLs. Every switch will be off in my car for headlights, as soon as my car is put in drive, they're on. You don't know what your talking about.
Im up at the IL/WI boarder so that wont happen. But I looked in the manual last night, and maybe you got a canada car or something. I have HIDs and I dont have DRLs. Nor is it in my manual from my car. I have never heard of a mustang having DRLs either and I have had every generation since the foxbody. So I will back off and give you the benefit of the doubt, but I still have no idea whats going on with your car.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
mossy89

Haha it's cool. I'm guessing my car had the fleet option. I bought it used and it had 27000 miles on it. So, I'm guessing it had it for fleet purposes. AND for the record I went to my dealer today, you can't turn it off. It's not optional in the computer. It's linked with vitals in the car and if you could turn it off you'd turn off a lot of important things. I didn't ask about reprogramming the computer though to a car without DRLs. I had done some reading where if the computer goes out they match it to a computer of another car very similar. So, that sucks. But oh well. I guess I'll check if it gives a discount on my insurance.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
thelastsumurai

When I built my car at my dealer my salesman Josh asked me if I wanted DRLs. Of course I said no. I didn't want the additional load on my electrical system/alternator and decreased bulb life. Try this link

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...b-sbbh1011.pdf

There is a link on this post #10 You can bring a copy of it to the dealer
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
mossy89

Yeah I seen that link. I told him about it and on his computer it said it wasn't. He showed me. What's the name of the dealer you went to. Maybe I could call them and ask there.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
thelastsumurai

Originally Posted by mossy89
Yeah I seen that link. I told him about it and on his computer it said it wasn't. He showed me. What's the name of the dealer you went to. Maybe I could call them and ask there.
His name is Josh Hamilton 888-255-1899
Ford of Ocala, FL. Bends over backward for his customers. He has been there for years, he is not a new guy. The option was on his work sheet when we were orderingbuilding my car. But, I don't think he can help you after the fact that would be the service dept and they suck... I go to Gainesville Ford for my service 352-372-4251. I called them and they said would have to get their mchine on it and see if it can be dome...They have never done it before...I know this doesn't help you much, seeing you live in KY.... Sorry..

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT DISABLE DRLs??