Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

The wife approved MOD money!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

They will come with instructions, but..
Only do one side at a time and the stands should be under the axle. You want to change the LCAs while under load. Also, know that there is a front and rear to the LCAs and that the offset on the rear goes towards the inside of the car.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:01 PM
KevStangZona
1st Gear Member

Sounds good Thanks again. Will be doing it this Saturday morning.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KevStangZona
Sounds good Thanks again. Will be doing it this Saturday morning.
You know you will have to start your own build thread so we can see pictures.....
Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Only do one side at a time.....
Oops, guess we didn't do that on friday. If you do make this mistake you'll notice that the axle will shift, just force it back so you can bolt up the lcas.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:19 AM
KevStangZona
1st Gear Member

I will start a thread Saturday with pics. OK my car did it again. I have the automatic and yesterday I got on it and it totally bogged down and then took off almost like I was in 3rd. I have only done the FRPP tune and I really did not notice much. I did put the 3.55 and noticed an increase but the shift points did not seem to change much. If I am planning on adding the Brenspeed 650R package late this year or Jan next year would it be worth it to get their tune? Since I would be getting their tune with the package? Maybe I am being to critical on the auto. I will make sure I only do one side at a time. Thanks again
Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 AM
KevStangZona
1st Gear Member

My brother in law saw a bunch of new Mustangs with coverings on them driving around the Prescott area in AZ. I think they are the new GT350's. I guess they are being announced in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I will start a thread Saturday with pics. OK my car did it again. I have the automatic and yesterday I got on it and it totally bogged down and then took off almost like I was in 3rd. I have only done the FRPP tune and I really did not notice much. I did put the 3.55 and noticed an increase but the shift points did not seem to change much. If I am planning on adding the Brenspeed 650R package late this year or Jan next year would it be worth it to get their tune? Since I would be getting their tune with the package? Maybe I am being to critical on the auto. I will make sure I only do one side at a time. Thanks again
That sounds like your traction control kicking in. You're going to need a tune for the package anyway. Dyno tunes are usually the best, but some of the mail orders work OK. Sleeper has a bit more experience on the different tunes.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM
KevStangZona
1st Gear Member

Thanks I was thinking of getting a Brenspeed tune now. They said I would get a credit when I get the 650R package later this year. I sent them an email asking more questions too. Will wait and see how Sleeper liked their tune. Thanks again
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Thanks I was thinking of getting a Brenspeed tune now. They said I would get a credit when I get the 650R package later this year. I sent them an email asking more questions too. Will wait and see how Sleeper liked their tune. Thanks again
I did not like it. After I installed the SC and loaded the tune I was really disappointed. I asked if they could tune it with a JLT CAI and they said no. I would rather rather talk about this through PM, but you do not have the post count. email me at: sleeper_gt@nc.rr.com
Old 03-27-2014, 11:14 AM
KevStangZona
1st Gear Member

Thanks just sent you an email

Quick Reply: The wife approved MOD money!!!!