Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

The wife approved MOD money!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Personal preference would be LTs with catted mid pipe instead of suspension, too many large bumps to want the car any lower around here. But thats just me.
Difference between your two eibach links are in the text. The second link is no longer carried by AM, assuming the first link is the updated replacement product.
Why not try a koni yellow setup for adjustment?
About the LTs. When I bought it, it came with the Ford Racing Performance Exhaust. Can I put LTs on without changing the mid pipe I have since it already has performance high flow cats? I hope the question doesn't sound as retarded as I think it does. I'm a Ducati guy. (Lots of track time on it.) Pretty new to this car stuff.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:25 AM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

I always use the Airaid CAI myself. I just like how they are put together and seal the filter away or at least that was the case on 05-09s. I know that's what we always recommend to everyone who come to my buddy's shop that ask and we do the installs on. Also I like how they include a venturi so that if you don't have a tuner when you get it you can still install it. But that's all debatable too, we all have our favorite stuff that we use
Old 02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Alright, so I made up my mind about suspension and intake Mods. Below is the order that I just placed:
Steeda Pro-Action Shocks & Struts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar
Steeda CAI & SCT X3 Tuner (Ultimate Induction Pak)
Steeda Sport Springs & F/R Swaybar Pak
Steeda Heavy-Duty Upper Strut Mounts

Now I have to find a place with a good rep to do the suspension. I'm not bad with tools. I built my race bike from the ground up, minus the blue printing of the motor. The intake, to easy, but I'm not sure if I want to try the suspension. Thoughts on that anyone?
Old 02-23-2012, 03:22 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Suspension can be ok or completely suck. It really depends on the corrosion of the bolts holding ti all together. Ive done about 6 suspensinos and.. they all sucked..lol But, i drove the car in everything.. rain, snow, ice, deep puddles, etc..

On my car now, its never even seen it raining outside, let alone been in it and every bolt just comes on and off exactly like it should... would make doing the suspension as easy as it could be. Just go rent the tool you need from AutoZone or wherever... forget its name but you use it to either A) compress the old springs to get them off the shock or B) compress the new spring to put it on the shock.

Once that parts done, its pretty much bolt on or off and install. Probably some camber adjusting involved as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Looks like awesome mods. That steeda cai looks great under the hood. I must admit that I haven't touched the exterior of the car because unlike engine and exhaust work my wife can't see it!!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
.... I'm a Ducati guy. (Lots of track time on it.) Pretty new to this car stuff.

Well then... Here's an Italian sandwich for you.

My bike's in the middle...

Oh, and get the BMR panhard bar.
The Steeda has the adjustments at the each ends so you have to unbolt one side to adjust it since you don't have room to put a wrench on it. It's retarded really.
The BMR and others have one adjustment close to the middle of it.

I have pictures somewhere, of the Steeda installed and you'll see what I mean then.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Well then... Here's an Italian sandwich for you.

My bike's in the middle...

Oh, and get the BMR panhard bar.
The Steeda has the adjustments at the each ends so you have to unbolt one side to adjust it since you don't have room to put a wrench on it. It's retarded really.
The BMR and others have one adjustment close to the middle of it.

I have pictures somewhere, of the Steeda installed and you'll see what I mean then.
Love pic.

I already made the purchase, but if it's that much of a PITA I will take your advise about the BMR. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0
Looks like awesome mods. That steeda cai looks great under the hood. I must admit that I haven't touched the exterior of the car because unlike engine and exhaust work my wife can't see it!!
I can't wait.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

If you have air tools to work with it just takes a couple of hours. Nothing too crazy. There ate guides online to help too.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by darksky1984
If you have air tools to work with it just takes a couple of hours. Nothing too crazy. There ate guides online to help too.
Right on. What I'm most concerned with is what everyone says about the possibility of rear getting out of line and having to make adjustments with the panhard. The actual work is just wrench turning and knuckle busting I would think.

Quick Reply: The wife approved MOD money!!!!