Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

gettin the mod itch again.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Brandon is the lope idle tune ready for the manual trans yet?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
Brandon is the lope idle tune ready for the manual trans yet?
Yes, our cam idle tunes are ready, and only for manuals right now. Sent you an email.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Replied.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Steeda does make an awesome unit, had one on my 07 and now my 2012, if you are looking to save some cash(like $100) though the JLT will give you the same performance, just wont look as nice, quality isn't as good, both will last you as long as you own the car though im sure.

My first tune on my 2012 was I beliece from SCT for a Steeda intake. got it from a local performance shop. Then he ordered me a tune from BBR. I can't really tell the difference between tunes like some people say they can.

On my '07 Brenspeed did a great job, I liked their tunes but I do hear more reports of cyl #8 issues from them than others. but who knows with these engines, it could just be bad luck whoever gets the problem.

Right now if I had been stock and looking for an intake+tune combo I'd go with BAMA, the warranty would give me so much peace of mind it would be nice. But I don't qualify for the warranty because I had a tune from someone else already. I'll just cross my fingers and hope I'm not one of the unlucky few to blow a piston... although with what i put as my vehicle maybe i'm pushing my luck.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
Steeda does make an awesome unit, had one on my 07 and now my 2012, if you are looking to save some cash(like $100) though the JLT will give you the same performance, just wont look as nice, quality isn't as good, both will last you as long as you own the car though im sure.

My first tune on my 2012 was I beliece from SCT for a Steeda intake. got it from a local performance shop. Then he ordered me a tune from BBR. I can't really tell the difference between tunes like some people say they can.

On my '07 Brenspeed did a great job, I liked their tunes but I do hear more reports of cyl #8 issues from them than others. but who knows with these engines, it could just be bad luck whoever gets the problem.

Right now if I had been stock and looking for an intake+tune combo I'd go with BAMA, the warranty would give me so much peace of mind it would be nice. But I don't qualify for the warranty because I had a tune from someone else already. I'll just cross my fingers and hope I'm not one of the unlucky few to blow a piston... although with what i put as my vehicle maybe i'm pushing my luck.
Just ordered the steeda Cai and sct3 with steeda tunes. Talked to Gus earlier and am confident that the tunea arent as aggressive as they could be but still make good power and improve throttle response. Should be here Monday.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
Just ordered the steeda Cai and sct3 with steeda tunes. Talked to Gus earlier and am confident that the tunea arent as aggressive as they could be but still make good power and improve throttle response. Should be here Monday.
Thanks for choosing Steeda, you won't be disappointed! Some folks tune for higher dyno numbers in exchange for less reliability/safety. We compromise a couple HP here and there for better reliability/safety and great power gains throughout the entire power band.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

That's what made me go ahead and pull the trigger and not be worried about anything happening. I don't want unreliable being as this is my DD. Thanks for everything brandon. Can't wait to hear the cam idle tune with my rousch axelbacks.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

No parts came in today. Parts haven't been shipped yet. Waiting on new shipment of tuners. Hopefully have this week sometime. Thanks to brandon and tj for all of their help finding out what the delay was for. The waiting and anxiety is killing me. Plus never acquired the virtue: patience. Lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

No parts shipped today either. Been waiting on a shipment of tuners from sct since last week. Hopefully I will have the Cai and tunes installed by this weekend. But might not ne possible unless it ships tomorrow. suspense and anxiety killing me. Lol

Last edited by shoeys08dkcandygt; 03-07-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Got email from steeda an hr ago saying order has been shipped!
Parts be on car tomorrow. Tracking says delivery on time for march 9.

Last edited by shoeys08dkcandygt; 03-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: gettin the mod itch again.....