Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Best intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Irishone,

PM me for pricing. We will provide a tune update when you purchase a new Steeda product from us or one of our distributors as long as you have proof that you made the purchase.

Steeda Autosports designs, engineers, and manufacturers. One must realize that for over 23 years, Steeda has been working hand-in-hand with Ford on a vast array of programs, both OEM for their production programs as well as aftermarket part related programs. We have directly worked with Ford on many critical programs over the years, and we were the pilot company to work together with Ford Motor Company under the Ford/SEMA Technology Sharing Initiative. In addition, as a testate to the quality and that go into each of our products; we are one of only several aftermarket companies that are ISO 9001-2008 certified. What does all of this mean? It all underscores the Commitment that we have to produce the highest quality level of products that enhance performance for the niche performance customer using the latest technologies and under the auspices of the Ford Technology Program. We thoroughly test our products on the street, track, and dragstrip under the most severe conditions - all with the specific intent of ensuring that the products we sell, will NOT precipitate damage to the vehicle or denial of any OEM warranty provisions. To date, we have zero issues or denials with regard to an OEM warranty when our products have been installed as directed on consumer cars - ZERO!

We are American Made by the American Worker. See the Steeda difference for yourself.

Thank You

TJ
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

BEST is a 4-letter word. Knock it off.

I like my Steeda just fine.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

You really want to go big then check out the Mustang Power Pak w/Boss Intake!!

http://www.steeda.com/store/mustang-...ss-intake.html

Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

tj - has steeda considered some sort of tune warranty program? I see you mentioning the ISO certified stuff a lot but in all reality, how many of us know what that is, why it matters or how it will protect us. maybe I'm in the minority, but when the coyotes as expensive as it is, I want some assurance that whoever's tune/intake I go with, I have some coverage if something were to go wrong and ford wanted nothing to do with my tinkering

I understand you claim there hasn't been any damaged caused or any warranty denials, but when a big repair bill comes up, I can't see my dealership being okay with the tune simply because it's from Steeda.

something to consider - a program like that could win over a buyer like me.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I went with JLT for the simple fact it was painted race red but the fitment is good after some tinkering.....I don't think any of the intakes fit as well as they did in the 05-09 models though.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I went with the Steeda based on looks. The fit and finish is just amazing. It is a lot heavier than the stock intake assembly and does require some careful sub assembling before it is ready to install. Taking the time to do the sub assembly correctly yields the nicest end result. I used contact cement to properly attach the rubber trim. Otherwise, it will probably come off.
Attached Thumbnails Best intake-steeda-cai.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Here is my Steeda CAI . Love it.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Our warranty program is comprehensive and complete - essentially is the the Steeda Engineering and Manufacturing Teams standing behind our products and services that they provide. In the unlikely event that a customer has an issue with any of our products, we are fully committed to work with them to resolve their concerns to their and our mutual satisfaction. We have built our rock-solid reputation over the years on superb design, comprehensive engineering, quality manufacturing and on customer service -- the result is our products just don't cause issues - PERIOD. We purposely go the extra lengths to ensure that our products do not compromise the OEM reliability elements and we pay particular attention not only to to NVH factors, but also to how the parts/tune integrate into the Ford vehicle they are engineered for. Few - if any - of the other aftermarket companies do the same degree of engineering that we do…and none of this group are ISO 9001-2008 Certified like we are.

Our performance tunes have a dialed in safety factor - that is intended to ensure that your engine is not endangered due to an overly aggressive tune. For that reason, we are comfortable about our products and their associated warranty. While other tuners may "shut off" engine key sensor inputs or purposely trick sensor readings that the ECU reads, we work with the existing Ford ECU logic and all of the OEM sensors in an extremely complicated and very technical manner so that the integrity of the vehicle is not compromised - but at the same time your power is maximized. There are plenty of tunes available from various sources that compromise the integrity of the powertrain, and as a result, can cause catastrophic damage to your vehicle. Proper tuning is not only an art form, but it is also a highly technical science that requires much more than a simple handheld tuner and sloppy guesswork. In our shops we have corrected untold numbers of tunes from others - but when have you ever heard of a problem with a Steeda tune?

Check our performance history both on and off the racetrack, check the forums and see what people say about us, and lastly, check with Ford Motor Company - you will see that there is an exceptionally high level of trust in what we do and in our reputation for enhancing the performance of Ford vehicles. Steeda Autosports is not just some new company that has appeared on the scene recently, or is a store front for mass merchandising products that other produce overseas. Rather, we have worked for over 24 years in the aftermarket industry dedicated solely to enhancing the performance level of Ford Motor Company vehicles. We have collaborated extensively with Ford, worked on programs for the Ford Special Vehicle Team and mainstream Ford Product Development, and supply performance parts to Ford Racing. We stand on our reputation, past and current successes, and our ongoing commitment to produce the highest quality parts possible. Being an ISO 9001-2008 Company is not just a trophy given to anyone that applies for it. For Steeda it means we have demonstrated our commitment to making performance parts at the highest level possible and for exceeding our customers’ expectations. ISO 9001-2008 Certification represents not only a significant financial investment we have made, but it is also an investment we have made so our customers can have the assurance and piece of mind when they purchase our products that they will perform the way they were intended to do so, and without causing harm to the vehicle.

Steeda - Speed You Can Trust

PM when you are ready to place your order.

Thank You

TJ
Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Yeah - I am aware of steeda's reputation. I was specifically prodding to see if you guys had considered an additional warranty program? something similar to the #8 cyl warranty offered elsewhere. my tuning company backing my engine when ford will not is a pretty large factor in my desire to tune. I'd like more than just sympathy if mine popped.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT/CS_2011
i like the JLT carbon fiber
does the carbon fiber JLT one give anymore gains over the standard JLT

Quick Reply: Best intake