Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 10-27-2015, 11:31 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

MBRP XP-Series Catback Exhaust (11-12 GT)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM
CaliSpecial14

Default MBRP XP-Series Catback Exhaust (11-12 GT)

Does anyone have this exhaust or heard it?

I have listened to a few youtube videos of this exhaust and it sounds great to me. Nice deep tone and has the loudness when you get on it.

Anyone know of anything bad from this brand also? I have never heard of it so im not familiar with their quality.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

It is not very popular, but I agree it sounds pretty good! I know Jeff at topgearsolutions.com carries the MBRP exhausts and gives pretty good discounts. Give him a call if you end up going with that.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
CaliSpecial14

Originally Posted by NickSezz
It is not very popular, but I agree it sounds pretty good! I know Jeff at topgearsolutions.com carries the MBRP exhausts and gives pretty good discounts. Give him a call if you end up going with that.
I just emailed who ever the sales guy is there since you told me to. So we will see what he can do.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

I have MBRP deletes.
they are all 304 stainless steel. really well made.
i know of a few others that have the axle back on 05-09 models. also well made exhaust pieces.
even the clamps are great clamps.
I highly recommend MBRP on their workmanship.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
CaliSpecial14

WOW. Nothing but great service from Top Gear Solutions.

I just emailed them asking them about the MBRP Exhaust I was interested in and they were able to beat the price of American Muscle by over $100 bucks. And they are having it shipped today so I should expect it for friday. I would highly reccommend these guys to anyone for future mustang needs. I definitly will be using them again.

This is the exhaust I bought:

http://topgearsolutions.com/mb11fomugt501.html

Hoping I will have some time this weekend to put the puppys on. Once I do I will create a youtube of it. Can wait to see what its going to sound like.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I had an MBRP setup on my 2011 SS. it had very impressive build quality. I thought about getting a setup for the stang but could not find proper audio clips to make any judgment.

I am sure it will be great. do post the clip when ya have it
Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaliSpecial14

I just emailed them asking them about the MBRP Exhaust I was interested in and they were able to beat the price of American Muscle by over $100 bucks. And they are having it shipped today so I should expect it for friday. I would highly reccommend these guys to anyone for future mustang needs. I definitly will be using them again.

Hoping I will have some time this weekend to put the puppys on. Once I do I will create a youtube of it. Can wait to see what its going to sound like.

just by the looks of those, i have a feeling you are really going to like them.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaliSpecial14

Glad that worked out for ya!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
CaliSpecial14

Well I got them installed yesterday. I am EXTREMELY glad I took this to a shop to have installed. There was a fitment issue with the mid pipe that connected to the H pipe on the driver side. The pipe was too small and was going inside of the H pipe instead of over top like the other side did with no problems. The mechanic had to use different clamps and had to cut notches in the end of the pipe for the clamps to securely hold the pipe in place. Also the tip didn't fit correctly on the the over axle pipe and had to use a tool to stretch out the tip a bit.

Although after having to wait like 3 hours for a job that should had been less than 1 hour I am extremely happy.

The sound is very deep and when you get on it, it is extremely loud. On the freeway there is a slight drone but nothing that having the music slightly on stops you from hearing. I keep getting thumbs up and people telling me how great the car sounds now.

Although there will not be any more sneaking up on people in this car. It is a lot louder than I was thinking it was going to be, but even so it sounds amazing.

I will get some video up as soon as I can.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Visage
1st Gear Member

Please do! I am looking into getting exhaust soon and if they sound as good as everyone says, are as cheap as you say and reasonably easy to install, I might just make the jump and email Top Gear Solutions.

Quick Reply: MBRP XP-Series Catback Exhaust (11-12 GT)