Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

302 intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CubanoGT
You should have no prob with the camaro here's me vs one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jb1w...e_gdata_player
I agree that is getting spanked. nice run

SDF
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

ohai is this the street racing thread?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by superdutyfan
thanks for you input Brandon and SSkiller. What about the 302 intake would you istall that ?? I see in you sig SSkiller you have Pypes exhaust. are you happy with them ? i have read some negitive posts. As for CAI is there much difference between the different brands ?

Thanks SDF
It depends on what you are looking for. The 302 intake manifold adds power up top (quite a bit), but loses some power down low. It all depends on what you are looking for and what your car's purpose is.

There is definitely a difference. Our intakes are made in the USA, and come with a lifetime warranty. Here's an interesting read for you: http://www.steedablog.com/2012/03/mu...-intake-truth/
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
It depends on what you are looking for. The 302 intake manifold adds power up top (quite a bit), but loses some power down low. It all depends on what you are looking for and what your car's purpose is.

There is definitely a difference. Our intakes are made in the USA, and come with a lifetime warranty. Here's an interesting read for you: http://www.steedablog.com/2012/03/mu...-intake-truth/
Thanks very good artical I appreciate the advice and help. Does ur CAI work with Roush SC ?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Thanks very good artical I appreciate the advice and help. Does ur CAI work with Roush SC ?
Unfortunately, it does not fit with the Roush S/C.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Using the Boss intake requires a custom tune though, right?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
Using the Boss intake requires a custom tune though, right?
Yes, both our Boss CAI and/or Ford Racing Boss Intake Manifold require a re-tune after installing.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
chasem167

so is the intake worth it on the AM website most positive reviews. I will it void the factory warranty ? i guess what i am asking would you install it and if you have has there been any problems because of it. I want Super charger but quit expensive and a warranty killer. and on a different note. Is it better to go with just axle back exhaust or headers back exhaust. I would like to go with all roush equipment.(except for the 302 intake). what tuner is the best to go with or are they all the same with different name.

Thanks SDF
I have the intake with catback exhaust and steeda intake on my 2012 and i have no complaints only strange issue i have is my intake whistles sometimes when it really starts to suck in air and thats not really an issue just an annoyance more then anything id reccomend the whole setup my car pulls like a monster and the sound is pretty damn sweet
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Yes, both our Boss CAI and/or Ford Racing Boss Intake Manifold require a re-tune after installing.
How much do you guys charge for "re-tunes"? I'm leaning toward your Steeda CAI and tuner.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
How much do you guys charge for "re-tunes"? I'm leaning toward your Steeda CAI and tuner.
Sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: 302 intake