Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My take on Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

John got to put the Steeda suspension to the test on Saturday when some idiot driver tried to run him over.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I wish we had it on video.

So we were at a GTG in Raleigh, going from one location to the next. On the way a white SUV decides that they should be in the same lane as me, but not only that in the exact spot as me. (Mind you we are in a 6 car convoy and I'm 3rd) I'm in the left lane, slam on my brakes, start to cut to the left but I'm out of room. As the anti-lock brakes kick in we enter a intersection. I move more left as she is still coming my way. Now she is on my left and I have a huge pole and 10 foot wide median in front. My only choice is to go into the on coming traffic lane. Luckily no one was in that turn only lane as I enter it. I notice there is about a 20 foot gap after the pole on the median and where the bushes start. This is my only chance to get back on the right side of the road. Traveling about 40-45 MPH I hit the median at a 45 degree angle, cross the median enter back on the right side fish-tailing. (luckily the median was not the usual with a 90 degree curb, they had a 45 degree lip and was about 8 inches high) As I get back straight I catch the white SUV and let her know she is "#1" if you know what I mean. We then get back in formation and continue to the next location. I would like to say that the Steeda suspension was unbelievably stable. Believe it or not even though I may have caught a little air, landed a bit rough, went a little sideways I felt like I had control. If you want a suspension that has a real life situation story, well here it is. When or if I get another Mustang it will be on a Steeda suspension set-up.

Jeff if I missed anything please chime in.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I was last in line but that sounds about right.

Mad props to Johns driving skills and the Steeda suspension.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Newatthis
1st Gear Member

Default questions for steeda

Steeda TJ, Brandon,

I'm also planning on upgrading my suspension and are thinking off getting the parts from the Steeda.ca site as i'm in Canada.

Here are the parts i'm considering:

1) Steeda sports springs (to replace stock springs)
2) Steeda pro action dampers (to replace stock dampers)
3) steeda adj panhard bar (to replace stock non adj bar)
4) steeda HD upper strut mount/caster camber plates (to replace stock upper strut mounts)

My car's a 2012 GT (coupe), currently all suspension is stock. Being new to all this, this might be a dumb question but would i need to get new jounce/bump stops such as the ones from ford racing to replace the stock ones? In other words, would the stock rear jounce stops work with no issues (too high) with the steeda sports springs? These are the ones i meant...they're shorter than the stock ones i believe.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12272

I'm new to all this, and definitely striving to do this install right so greatly appreciate your advice or other recommendations. I'd like to lower the car for looks but also to improve the floaty feel of it as it is stock. Less brake dive, body roll, squat, but still a comfortable ride, and less wheel gap are desired.

Also as far as the strut mounts you have, do these work the same way as the caster/camber plates from Maximum Motorsports, and serve the same purpose or is there a reason to use one over the other?

Just wanting to be sure all these parts have everything needed to replace the stock ones properly.

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Newatthis
Steeda TJ, Brandon,

I'm also planning on upgrading my suspension and are thinking off getting the parts from the Steeda.ca site as i'm in Canada.

Here are the parts i'm considering:

1) Steeda sports springs (to replace stock springs)
2) Steeda pro action dampers (to replace stock dampers)
3) steeda adj panhard bar (to replace stock non adj bar)
4) steeda HD upper strut mount/caster camber plates (to replace stock upper strut mounts)

My car's a 2012 GT (coupe), currently all suspension is stock. Being new to all this, this might be a dumb question but would i need to get new jounce/bump stops such as the ones from ford racing to replace the stock ones? In other words, would the stock rear jounce stops work with no issues (too high) with the steeda sports springs? These are the ones i meant...they're shorter than the stock ones i believe.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12272

I'm new to all this, and definitely striving to do this install right so greatly appreciate your advice or other recommendations. I'd like to lower the car for looks but also to improve the floaty feel of it as it is stock. Less brake dive, body roll, squat, but still a comfortable ride, and less wheel gap are desired.

Also as far as the strut mounts you have, do these work the same way as the caster/camber plates from Maximum Motorsports, and serve the same purpose or is there a reason to use one over the other?

Just wanting to be sure all these parts have everything needed to replace the stock ones properly.

Thank you in advance.
Sent you a PM back on AFM.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:56 PM
selfmade41

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Sleeper GT,

We appreciate the support and the great write up. You will not be disappointed in any regards to the parts you purchased from us.

Let us know if we can ever help you with any questions or concerns you might have.

Enjoy the ride!!

Best Regards,

TJ
What would labor cost (hrs) for steeda springs/shocks struts/ pan hard bar/ camber plates ?

Debating on steeda or eibach at power by the hour. I'm close to both.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:00 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by selfmade41
What would labor cost (hrs) for steeda springs/shocks struts/ pan hard bar/ camber plates ?

Debating on steeda or eibach at power by the hour. I'm close to both.
You could do it yourself pretty easily, all it takes is some basic tools and a rented spring compressor. I'm guessing here, but for a shop it's probably a 4 hour billable job at $90/hour. Wev'e had a group work on one car and got it done in 2, invite some mechanic friends over and you can get it done. I've got a guide i can send you via email if you'd like. There are plenty of DIY guides on the internet too.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:58 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

PM sent.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 07-12-2014, 09:20 AM
selfmade41

Originally Posted by clowe1965
You could do it yourself pretty easily, all it takes is some basic tools and a rented spring compressor. I'm guessing here, but for a shop it's probably a 4 hour billable job at $90/hour. Wev'e had a group work on one car and got it done in 2, invite some mechanic friends over and you can get it done. I've got a guide i can send you via email if you'd like. There are plenty of DIY guides on the internet too.

Awesome, thank you for the info! My only problem is if I do it myself my wife will know I spent another grand on the car, haha. The sneaky things we do...

I'm looking to save some money, and actually this install doesn't look too rough.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:26 AM
tenfifteen
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I've had Steeda HDCPs and Sport springs on my '13 GT since around 3k miles (now 22,200), not a lick of a problem. Very solid products.

Quick Reply: My take on Steeda