Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My take on Steeda

Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Default My take on Steeda

So I've installed the Steeda CAI w/ SCTx3 performance tune, pro-action struts and shock, heavy duty upper strut mount, sport springs and F/R sway bar, and an adjustable Pan Hard.

First I would like to say that the quality of the parts is just outstanding. Steeda is also doing their part in keeping America strong with their parts being made in the USA. Also, the shipping time was incredible. I believe I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived Friday.

The CAI was a perfect fit and the instructions easy to follow. Once installed and the new tune loaded the power increase was amazing. Sounded better at idol and the throttle response was immediate.

I had never done suspension work before so I call on some friends to help me out. The struts, shocks and springs were just as easy to install. As long as you've used tools before I would highly suggest that you save your money on labor and do the install yourself. Again the parts were a perfect fit. The only thing I thought they would have included would be new strut bolts. I ended up reusing the originals off the stock struts.

The heavy duty upper strut mounts are exactly what they say they are. The quality is awesome and something I would suggest to everyone when changing out their suspension.

The sway bars are of equal quality as everything else. As a note, should you do a swap make sure you pay attention during the install. Sounds elementary, but when we first installed the front sway bar we put it in upside down. (Didn't really pay attention when I pulled the stock one off) Ensure the curved portion is facing down. If you don't the sway bar will make contact with your harmonic balancer as you go over the bump at the end of your driveway and make a horrifying grinding noise. (No damage, luckily)

The Pan Hard is also of great quality. The only issue is not being able to get to adjusting nut on the passenger side while it's on the car.

Overall I am extremely happy and have zero regrets going with an all Steeda CAI and suspension set-up. The car performs great. I love the feel of it in the when putting the hammer down and in the corners. Unlike the stock suspension where the car feels like it's floating and you don't have control, this is not the case with the Steeda set-up. The car is planted and I have all the confidence in the world jumping on it from the start or getting on it at the apex.

Special thanks to Brandon for being patient with me and answering all my questions.

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 03-22-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I didn't drive the car but I can attest to the quality of the parts and ease of install. The new stance is perfect too!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I'm deeply considering their Boss lowering springs.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Sleeper GT,

We appreciate the support and the great write up. You will not be disappointed in any regards to the parts you purchased from us.

Let us know if we can ever help you with any questions or concerns you might have.

Enjoy the ride!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

We have had many positive reviews on the Boss springs and many satisfied customers. They are a great option to improve an all ready bad a$$ automobile.

PM if I can help place your order or if you need anything answered.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I'm deeply considering their Boss lowering springs.
I will offer to take your stock ones off your hands.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
I will offer to take your stock ones off your hands.
Might be a month or two but I'll PM you when I pull the trigger, I'm gonna do it just not right now.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I'm going to be installing Steeda Sports this weekend so I'll keep you updated with my thoughts on the quality of the product. I'm sure it will be second to none.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
So I've installed the Steeda CAI w/ SCTx3 performance tune, pro-action struts and shock, heavy duty upper strut mount, sport springs and F/R sway bar, and an adjustable Pan Hard.

First I would like to say that the quality of the parts is just outstanding. Steeda is also doing their part in keeping America strong with their parts being made in the USA. Also, the shipping time was incredible. I believe I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived Friday.

The CAI was a perfect fit and the instructions easy to follow. Once installed and the new tune loaded the power increase was amazing. Sounded better at idol and the throttle response was immediate.

I had never done suspension work before so I call on some friends to help me out. The struts, shocks and springs were just as easy to install. As long as you've used tools before I would highly suggest that you save your money on labor and do the install yourself. Again the parts were a perfect fit. The only thing I thought they would have included would be new strut bolts. I ended up reusing the originals off the stock struts.

The heavy duty upper strut mounts are exactly what they say they are. The quality is awesome and something I would suggest to everyone when changing out their suspension.

The sway bars are of equal quality as everything else. As a note, should you do a swap make sure you pay attention during the install. Sounds elementary, but when we first installed the front sway bar we put it in upside down. (Didn't really pay attention when I pulled the stock one off) Ensure the curved portion is facing down. If you don't the sway bar will make contact with your harmonic balancer as you go over the bump at the end of your driveway and make a horrifying grinding noise. (No damage, luckily)

The Pan Hard is also of great quality. The only issue is not being able to get to adjusting nut on the passenger side while it's on the car.

Overall I am extremely happy and have zero regrets going with an all Steeda CAI and suspension set-up. The car performs great. I love the feel of it in the when putting the hammer down and in the corners. Unlike the stock suspension where the car feels like it's floating and you don't have control, this is not the case with the Steeda set-up. The car is planted and I have all the confidence in the world jumping on it from the start or getting on it at the apex.

Special thanks to Brandon for being patient with me and answering all my questions.
John, great review and I'm really glad that you are satisfied with the products.

Don't hesitate if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Baker,

and......

Best Regards,

TJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My take on Steeda