Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My take on Steeda

Old 07-13-2014, 08:34 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Baker,

and......

Best Regards,

TJ
Sorry this response took so long but I love my Steeda Sports. Recommend them to everyone looking for a quality setup. Haven't had one issue since the install a couple of years ago and don't foresee any issues any time soon. If you're in the market, they're a great product.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:41 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

I've had my Steeda suspension goodies on the car for a number of years now, and love it. They were also very helpful with getting me information on alignment settings too.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:02 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Old thread revival yeah!!!!!

I have Steeda Chromoly LCA, UCA (for lowered cars), Pro-Action shocks/struts, GT500 mounts (going to the the HD ones soon the FRPP just dont cut it), Sport Springs, Adj Front/Rear Sway bars...

This car handles like its on rails. Steeda's commitment to quality is bar none. I've been buying Steeda since my old 03 Mach 1 (RIP 9/11/07) and will continue to purchase from them!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:59 AM
selfmade41

Excellent, I think I will go with Steeda. Unfortunately I will probably install them somewhere else as I got a killer deal on parts but the sales guy just moved the money I thought I was saving and added it to labor. Which rubs me the wrong way as I am also a business man. I was quoted $650! in labor for: springs/shocks and struts/strut mounts/PHB and alignment. Thats insane to me.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:55 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Excellent, I think I will go with Steeda. Unfortunately I will probably install them somewhere else as I got a killer deal on parts but the sales guy just moved the money I thought I was saving and added it to labor. Which rubs me the wrong way as I am also a business man. I was quoted $650! in labor for: springs/shocks and struts/strut mounts/PHB and alignment. Thats insane to me.
This was one of our sales associates? Please send me an email to clarify ... if I am reading this correctly ... you saved $xxx amount of money on the parts but added that amount to the install?

Please let me know.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 AM
selfmade41

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
This was one of our sales associates? Please send me an email to clarify ... if I am reading this correctly ... you saved $xxx amount of money on the parts but added that amount to the install?

Please let me know.

Best Regards,

TJ

TJ,

Yes, Sales associates name is Don. This is his email he sent to me.

Good afternoon Adam,

Please call me at 954-960-0774 and ask for Don and I will get you a special for a shop install on the parts you have requested.

Thank you, Don

Thank You,
Don Cook
Sales Associate
Extension 1127

I called him around 5:15 on Tuesday. He said listed off the parts I requested, list price followed by the savings price, which was anywhere between $20-$50 dollar per part. I was impressed with that and ready to pull the trigger then he told he the out the door price. Which was $1,700. I've been digging through these forums and shopping around, the average install price I've come to is around $400. I'm not trying to be a stickler but I'm sure theres a way to get a better deal than that.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:24 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, Don is one of our senior sales professionals.

I can assure you that we did not include the savings on top of the install price.

There are always going to be cheaper installers out there ... but when you are getting your items installed through Steeda ... you are getting the satisfaction & guarantee that it is going to be done right ... the first time ... without causing issues to your car.

We have had many installation jobs that we have done ... that we have had to fix because they were installed elsewhere.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 07-25-2014, 12:55 PM
selfmade41

After going over the math, I realize that the quote that was given to me must have included the sales tax and alignment. This is a mistake on my part (face palm) I will be doing my suspension upgrades with Steeda and will let you guys know how it goes!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

No worries ... glad you are going with Steeda ... you will be very pleased with the install & improvements of the car.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 08-19-2014, 07:22 PM
roadpilot

Originally Posted by selfmade41
I was quoted $650! in labor for: springs/shocks and struts/strut mounts/PHB and alignment. Thats insane to me.
I called around today to get labor for installing Steeda sport springs, Koni or Steeda dampers, and an adjustable panhard bar installed on my '14 GT Brembo. Local place that came highly recommended by quite a few wanted ~$700. That's nuts. Not long ago, Roush gave me an estimate to install their entire suspension package (dampers, springs, front sway, rear sway) and the labor was only $360.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My take on Steeda