Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My take on Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Love the info. Heard many great things about Steeda.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

My experience, very so-so. I ordered an SCT tuner with Steeda tunes and Steeda CAI about a year ago, and made it a point that I wanted to be able to pass Missouri emissions without returning everything to stock each time. I was told it would be "no problem".

Flash forward to this year. Failed to pass emissions for readiness. Called Steeda, got a hold of Matt, got almost no help. He insinuated I was asking for an illegal tune to pass emissions, when I was just trying to make sure they had not done something like turn off my O2 sensors. No offers of help or suggestions, my brief phone call seemed an annoyance, and ended with "just return it all to stock" which I ultimately did, and passed. While I had the CAI off I noticed the bottom side and a bunch of the other bends in the heat shield were rusting and bubbling / flaking off paint. Wish I had the old stainless version, the powder coat on mine was very poor.

To be fair the car runs well with the 93 octane tune. But the quality of the painted CAI heat shield, and after sales service I received were substandard in my opinion.

Every company has their bad days, but it was still a disappointment after all of the rave reviews I read before making my purchase.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Its amazing how many people settle for gt-500 mounts when steeda's heavy duty mounts are far superior. I have them on my car, they also add minimal camber adjustments as well. I have their sport springs which perform well. Not to low, they sit just right and ride just right.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

My experience, very so-so. I ordered an SCT tuner with Steeda tunes and Steeda CAI about a year ago, and made it a point that I wanted to be able to pass Missouri emissions without returning everything to stock each time. I was told it would be "no problem".

Flash forward to this year. Failed to pass emissions for readiness. Called Steeda, got a hold of Matt, got almost no help. He insinuated I was asking for an illegal tune to pass emissions, when I was just trying to make sure they had not done something like turn off my O2 sensors. No offers of help or suggestions, my brief phone call seemed an annoyance, and ended with "just return it all to stock" which I ultimately did, and passed. While I had the CAI off I noticed the bottom side and a bunch of the other bends in the heat shield were rusting and bubbling / flaking off paint. Wish I had the old stainless version, the powder coat on mine was very poor.

To be fair the car runs well with the 93 octane tune. But the quality of the painted CAI heat shield, and after sales service I received were substandard in my opinion.

Every company has their bad days, but it was still a disappointment after all of the rave reviews I read before making my purchase.
Please send me your information to tim@steeda.com along with photos of the CAI.

I apologize for your experience thus far ... but I confident, given the chance, we can work it out.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Just a note to say TJ and Steeda reached out to me to correct the issues I had with my setup and I'm satisfied with their follow-up and willingness to help the customer out.