Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What do you guys think about this 2012 Mustang?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I hate HIDs, i think they suck, I'll never own a car with them. It's an intense beam where it lands, and no intensity outward. I see more at night with regular headlights because of the way it diffuses outward, and that is very important around here because of deer and elk on the sides of the road. HIDs aren't really popular around here primarily for that reason.

grabber blue looks awesome with black stripes and accents.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Cobra 715

Originally Posted by Mishri
I hate HIDs, i think they suck, I'll never own a car with them. It's an intense beam where it lands, and no intensity outward. I see more at night with regular headlights because of the way it diffuses outward, and that is very important around here because of deer and elk on the sides of the road. HIDs aren't really popular around here primarily for that reason.

grabber blue looks awesome with black stripes and accents.
Own a car with HIDs and you'll never go back to halogens. I've owned 5 cars with HIDs and wouldn't think of buying one with halogens even if the price is right. I guess you'll never buy another mustang since ALL 2013 mustangs and beyond will come with HIDs as standard equipment.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I've driven cars with HIDs son. Like I said, it's a more intense beam with a narrower field of vision. I like a broader field of vision. And when you drive the highways that I do with wild life you have to spot off the road you need that broader field. If i lived in some city where animals didn't regularly jump into the road then i might consider it. But i'll never live in a city again and I'll never want HIDs.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Wow that stealership is very proud of this used Mustang, asking $95 below what it stickered for new!

[IMG][/IMG]

If this was a new car you could expect about $6000 off sticker with factory rebates and dealer discounts.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Cobra 715

I've driven cars with HIDs son. Like I said, it's a more intense beam with a narrower field of vision. I like a broader field of vision. And when you drive the highways that I do with wild life you have to spot off the road you need that broader field. If i lived in some city where animals didn't regularly jump into the road then i might consider it. But i'll never live in a city again and I'll never want HIDs.
Friend (or dad), you are entitled to your own opinion. Even though I live about 20 miles from Tampa in a semi rural area, we have plenty of wildlife in this area including deer by the bunch. I stopped buying cars with halogens back in 1998 and never looked at 'em anymore. I like xenons very much. As years go by, more and more cars will come with xenons as standard equipment specially since the national highway traffic safety administration knows that they are better and safer for driving than halogens. And btw, I couldn't possibly be your son unless you are older than maybe 66yrs old.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
99SVTcobravert

if you can wait id say hold off til the 2013 comes out and theyll be working great deals on the 2012's
Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by Cobra 715
Friend (or dad), you are entitled to your own opinion. Even though I live about 20 miles from Tampa in a semi rural area, we have plenty of wildlife in this area including deer by the bunch. I stopped buying cars with halogens back in 1998 and never looked at 'em anymore. I like xenons very much. As years go by, more and more cars will come with xenons as standard equipment specially since the national highway traffic safety administration knows that they are better and safer for driving than halogens. And btw, I couldn't possibly be your son unless you are older than maybe 66yrs old.
the the highway traffice safety administration looked into them as a danger http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/glare.html from glare. I don't see anywhere where they recommend them. they have banned some versions of HIDs and certain manufacturers from importing or selling them in the US.

here is a more recent review of HIDS http://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/NRD/M...008/811006.pdf It doesn't say in there that they think it's safer.

You could yet see a ban on them in the future as they gain in popularity and they receive more complaints.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

the the highway traffice safety administration looked into them as a danger http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/glare.html from glare. I don't see anywhere where they recommend them. they have banned some versions of HIDs and certain manufacturers from importing or selling them in the US.

here is a more recent review of HIDS http://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/NRD/M...008/811006.pdf It doesn't say in there that they think it's safer.

You could yet see a ban on them in the future as they gain in popularity and they receive more complaints.
The aftermarket ones are especially bad, blinding you at night looking like the landing lights of a 747 coming at you. It would be great if HIDs improve your ability to see at night but not if it blinds everybody else on the road. I'm not a big fan of police doing traffic enforcement seeing has how it's more about money than it is safety, but I do think this is a safety issue and there needs to be some kind of set established guidelines and fines for these HID's that blind everyone on the road (especially the retarded looking purple HIDs! Really, who the f**k wants/needs purple headlights?)
Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Cobra 715

I agree with hids blinding you if they are not properly aimed or if idiot drivers use 50w off road bulbs instead of 35w for daily driving. Also anything higher than 6000K will look brighter but will have less lumens or output. I don't think that they will be banned because most of the U.S. government higher ups that make that kind of decisions drive expensive cars like BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, and Mercedes and most if not all of them come with xenons as standard equipment. I don't think that they will shoot themselves in the foot if you know what I mean.