Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

does anyone NOT have tranny problems 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fordplay
What wrong information did i spread? The poster said he was unsure on what to unplug.. so im assuming he didnt do research and didnt spend much time under his car. So would you want him yanking plugs? Yeah. Me either. Plus with shutting it off with a tune there are no open plugs under your car. I have no doubt it work but in his case i think a plug and play tuner is a much better alternative. Wouldn't you agree
TUner/Tune = $400+

Unplugging = Free

Your post eluded to the negitive effects of simply unplugging, which is not true at all.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

Your post eluded to the negitive effects of simply unplugging, which is not true at all.
Luckly i eluded that post because i wasnt alluding to anything, at what point did i say it caused damage or was harmul? Unplugging the correct plug as far as we know is harmless. Changing sparkplugs is harmless, unless you screw it up with the wrong wires, on a forum you can not assume anything about a persons knowledge about cars or wrench time. Otherwise telling someone to unplug something can cause more trouble than good
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

DO NOT START UNPLUGGING THINGS IN YOUR TRANSMISSION. Contact a tuner, this is not a gm product the skip shift is electronic controlled with your computer. Call any tuner, get a tune and say eliminate the ski shift. Also i feel the transmission shifts a lot smoother when they so that
.. at what point did i say it caused damage or was harmul? Unplugging the correct plug as far as we know is harmless. Changing sparkplugs is harmless, unless you screw it up with the wrong wires, on a forum you can not assume anything about a persons knowledge about cars or wrench time. Otherwise telling someone to unplug something can cause more trouble than good
I believe there is no explanation needed, but.. you even went as far as using CAPS-LOCK to emphasize your worry about unplugging.

That is all.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Hammer11

New to the site and my 2011 has 15k on it. My only complait is hitting 3rd at 6500 and getting into 2nd in the cold Illinois winter. When it's warmed up or warm out I love it. Getting a Barton shifter and bracket to fix the powershifting issue
Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

No problems so far...just a tick under 6,800 miles. 2012 GT. Purchased on 09/06/11. Build date on 08/01/11.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 AM
r0cky00

Originally Posted by Two5.0's
You should read all the complaints to the government website about the problems with the tranny's. When you pull up your year (the 11 and 12), make and model under complaints, look at manual transmission and also powertrain. Here is one poor guy who had really bad problems:

Make : FORD Model : MUSTANG Year : 2012
Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0
ODI ID Number : 10444316 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 17, 2012
VIN : 1ZVBP8CF3C5...
Component: POWER TRAIN
Summary:
MY 2012 MUSTANG GT WAS MOST LIKELY TOTALED TONIGHT WHEN THE TRANSMISSION DID NOT ALLOW A SHIFT INTO 5TH GEAR. IT SLID INTO 3RD GEAR AND CAUSED THE WHEELS TO SPIN RESULTING IN THE CAR FISHTAILING AND HITTING A TREE IN THE MEDIAN. IT HAD JUST STARTED TO RAIN WHICH WAS A FACTOR IN THIS AS THE ROAD WAS SLICKER THAN NORMAL, BUT TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS BEEN REPORTED TO THE LOCAL FORD DEALERSHIP THIS PAST WEEK. THEY WERE TOO BUSY TO CHECK THE CAR WHEN REPORTED AND IRONICALLY, THE CAR WAS SUPPOSE TO BE LOOKED AT IN THE MORNING. WE HAD REPORTED TO FORD AN ISSUE WITH SHIFTING INTO 5TH GEAR. THEY TOLD US THERE WAS AN COMMON ISSUE WITH THIS BUT THERE WAS NO RECALL. ALL AIRBAGS DEPLOYED AND LUCKILY THERE WERE NO DEATHS. THIS IS NOT A CASE OF CARELESS DRIVING. THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE TRANSMISSIONS IN THESE CARS AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. THERE WAS ALSO AN EYEWITNESS THAT REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT THERE WAS NO WRECKLESS DRIVING.

I guess Ford will recall them when they have million dollar law suits from deaths because of this. Like the Explorers and the tires! Or Toyota and their Camry's.
Sad part is, I did the same thing with my MOM in the car, I was giving her an idea of what the car could do, not all out by any means, but enough and sure as Sh** I went into 3rd gear instead of 5th.... squeeled the tires for a brief moment before I realized and pushed the clutch back in... yeah, I was pissed when that happened. I thought it was just a fluke but I don't think so anymore.... wow.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 AM
r0cky00

Angry

Originally Posted by r0cky00
Bah, they have to pull my tranny. Went in thinking they would do the TSB fluid thing and apparently they have some other "acronym" sheet stating there may be a bolt issue in the transmition.... not for sure on details but they will have it all day tomorrow to fix it. My main issue was with reverse and occassionally 1st,2nd and power 3rd shifting.
As for my update on this issue, 1st - 6th seem to be "OK", not great but ok. However, reverse is still a pain in the "you know what". The Ford dealership in town is saying they thing it shifts properly into reverse... of course he said 5 people tried it and they had NO issues... that part makes this unbelievable so I can only assume he took the word of one of his technicians and amplified that to me, the customer.

Ohh, and of course they say no issues but later that day, last friday, they call me up and say they brushed across the back end of my car with another vehicle and so they have to paint my entire back bumper now as well as put on stripes again... still waiting for my car... grr.

Does that show up on my car report / carfax? If it does, wouldn't that de-value my car? How do you think the dealer can make it right? I've been without it for 5 days and they haven't offered me anything, not even a rental. Fortunately I have a van and a car to drive but still...

I know this may not be relevent to the Tranny problem, but it does for me...
Old 05-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Two5.0's

Originally Posted by r0cky00
As for my update on this issue, 1st - 6th seem to be "OK", not great but ok. However, reverse is still a pain in the "you know what". The Ford dealership in town is saying they thing it shifts properly into reverse... of course he said 5 people tried it and they had NO issues... that part makes this unbelievable so I can only assume he took the word of one of his technicians and amplified that to me, the customer.

Ohh, and of course they say no issues but later that day, last friday, they call me up and say they brushed across the back end of my car with another vehicle and so they have to paint my entire back bumper now as well as put on stripes again... still waiting for my car... grr.

Does that show up on my car report / carfax? If it does, wouldn't that de-value my car? How do you think the dealer can make it right? I've been without it for 5 days and they haven't offered me anything, not even a rental. Fortunately I have a van and a car to drive but still...

I know this may not be relevent to the Tranny problem, but it does for me...
Umm, they back into another car because they claim your "Reverse" still works fine? Sounds to me that your reverse was still not working good and will trying to get it into reverse they hit something? I think you need to have a talk with a lawyer.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Umm, they back into another car because they claim your "Reverse" still works fine? Sounds to me that your reverse was still not working good and will trying to get it into reverse they hit something? I think you need to have a talk with a lawyer.
Lawyer will probably refer you to small claims since there isn't enough $'s involved for a Lawyer to justify spending their time on. Besides, odds are pretty good that Ford's company Lawyers are better than the one willing to take on a damaged car case.

Best bet is to document everything, escalate with Ford Corporate and stay off the forums until it is resolved.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
r0cky00

Unhappy

To clarify, my car was parked, the other car was the one that somehow hit my car. Hopefully it's done today. I can't go another weekend w/ out it. Last weekend was great for driving it around but no car...

And good call on the no talkey on forums until resolved & documenting the issue. Still not sure what they have planned when I pick it up, it may go well (trying to be optimistic!).

Quick Reply: does anyone NOT have tranny problems 6MT