Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

HELP!!! Bama Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
jerjacmannut

Default HELP!!! Bama Tune Question

I have a 2012 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0 with an automatic transmission. Here is a list of the mods I have installed:

Boss 302 Intake Manifold
JLT Cold Air Intake
BBK 85mm Throttle Body
Bama Race 93 Octane Tune
Pypes X Pipe with Cats
Pypes Cat Back System
Ford Racing 4:10 gears
Driver and Passenger Oil Seperators
Lower Control Arms
Nitto Drag Radials

I am having a major issue with the Bama Tune. I am not knocking Bama Performance or American Muscle. I have installed about 3 different Bama tunes and they have all done the same thing. Normal driving is great. Car is very responsive and it feels like it should be a low 12 second or high 11 second car. At the track it is a comletely different story. Every time the car shifts there is a small delay. Th car shifts at about 7000 rpm but there is a delay that is killing my E.T. at the track. Is anyone else experiening any issues with the A/T shifting. The same types of mods on American Muscles blue A/T 2011 5.0 is turning out a 11.74 in the quarter mile. What the heck is wrong with mine????? Someone please help!!!!

Thanks, Paul B
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
russellthelovemuscle
2nd Gear Member

you need to call up american muscle or bama and maybe they have to send you a custom tune for all your different mods
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 PM
jerjacmannut

I have contacted them 3 times already. The first tune was the worst. At 7000 rpm i would have to let off the gas for it to shift, if i wouldnt let off it wouldnt shift it would stay pegged at 7000 rpm. the next 3 tunes have all been the same. Delay in the shifts. They already have my upgrades according to them. I just want to see if anyone else has experienced problems with their tunes
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Do what I did. Ditch Bama. There are plenty of great tuners out there for this car. They are kind of a "run of the mill" tuner for these cars. Definitely not something I would pay for ever again.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jerjacmannut
I have contacted them 3 times already. The first tune was the worst. At 7000 rpm i would have to let off the gas for it to shift, if i wouldnt let off it wouldnt shift it would stay pegged at 7000 rpm. the next 3 tunes have all been the same. Delay in the shifts. They already have my upgrades according to them. I just want to see if anyone else has experienced problems with their tunes
Just curious, not saying this is your issue but what were the conditions when you made your pass? Also, do you always run 93? If not, how many fill ups before your run with 93?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92hatchLX
Do what I did. Ditch Bama. There are plenty of great tuners out there for this car. They are kind of a "run of the mill" tuner for these cars. Definitely not something I would pay for ever again.
I love my AM tune with my steeda cai, nothing wrong for me but I dont have the shift problems since Manual tranny.
Btw if you ditched you should drop it in the sig :P
Old 04-27-2012, 03:55 PM
jerjacmannut

The conditions were actually very good when I made my passes. I have made several passes with different tunes in hopes of different results but they have all been the same....I have run 93 octane since I bought the car. the car only has about 4200 miles on it now. I installed all the mods at about 500 miles. The first run I made on this car was stock with a diablosport trinity tuner and it shifted normally. I spoke to BAMA today and they said that they have fixed the shift problems and are emailing me new tunes. They have been very helpful but the results have all been the same. Lets hope this fixes it.,
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

First are you turning off your traction control? Second, are you hitting the rev limiter?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jerjacmannut
The conditions were actually very good when I made my passes. I have made several passes with different tunes in hopes of different results but they have all been the same....I have run 93 octane since I bought the car. the car only has about 4200 miles on it now. I installed all the mods at about 500 miles. The first run I made on this car was stock with a diablosport trinity tuner and it shifted normally. I spoke to BAMA today and they said that they have fixed the shift problems and are emailing me new tunes. They have been very helpful but the results have all been the same. Lets hope this fixes it.,
Here's hoping they take care of you! AM is very good about helping their customer's get the service they deserve! I was just curious if their could have been other factors contributing to your problems with the tune. Contact AMChrisRose...he'll be sure to see you're taken care of.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

I'm assuming they've asked you to datalog. If not, you need to.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Bama Tune Question