Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Possible clutch issue (6 day old car)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
ring3r
1st Gear Member

Well, apparently that lit a few fires.

Just got word that the dealership is now putting top priority on my work, all necessary parts are approved for replacement and are going in TOMORROW, Ford will absolutely honor my warranty, etc. So pretty much everything I was furious about.

I really REALLY want to love this car, so I'm going to take it. I just hope I don't regret this decision.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

jees what a pain in the ***. I hope they continue to treat you in a better manner now that things have progressed this far.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
evanjp
1st Gear Member

Let us know what happened
Old 06-12-2012, 10:55 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

here is your fix:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...issue-fix.html
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

update?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
ring3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
update?
Marginally fixed. It still does it....clutch pedal effort varies depending on engine RPM, if I shift near red-line the clutch seems a little harder to press, not much.

Clutch still is sticky coming back up from high-rpm shifts....however it DOES lock up (much MUCH harder than before)...the pedal just feels mushy coming back up. I've also noticed that if I go to redline, and then shift to 6th gear (because redline in 3rd is 80mph so I am pretty much done accelerating at that point!) the pedal "stickiness" is much more pronounced....I assume because by skipping gears the difference between rotational speed is much greater. Additionally, if I redline it and then just coast to a slow roll and engage 2nd or 3rd gear at low RPM it is still sticky.

Who knows. In any case, functionally it works fine and it doesn't really do it if I go from 2nd-3rd-4th, etc, it's really only when I'm skipping gears...and the clutch is obviously engaging like it's supposed to.

They never did replace the pedal assembly, which I assume is the issue at this point. But I'll be damned if I'm going to give them my car AGAIN for a month and a half only to have nothing really resolved. It's not damaging the car at this point, so I'm going to wait until I'm in the states and THEN take it in for warranty work. Horrible new-car experience though.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
cbaty08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ring3r
Marginally fixed. It still does it....clutch pedal effort varies depending on engine RPM, if I shift near red-line the clutch seems a little harder to press, not much.

Clutch still is sticky coming back up from high-rpm shifts....however it DOES lock up (much MUCH harder than before)...the pedal just feels mushy coming back up. I've also noticed that if I go to redline, and then shift to 6th gear (because redline in 3rd is 80mph so I am pretty much done accelerating at that point!) the pedal "stickiness" is much more pronounced....I assume because by skipping gears the difference between rotational speed is much greater. Additionally, if I redline it and then just coast to a slow roll and engage 2nd or 3rd gear at low RPM it is still sticky.

Who knows. In any case, functionally it works fine and it doesn't really do it if I go from 2nd-3rd-4th, etc, it's really only when I'm skipping gears...and the clutch is obviously engaging like it's supposed to.

They never did replace the pedal assembly, which I assume is the issue at this point. But I'll be damned if I'm going to give them my car AGAIN for a month and a half only to have nothing really resolved. It's not damaging the car at this point, so I'm going to wait until I'm in the states and THEN take it in for warranty work. Horrible new-car experience though.
Damn, that sucks man. Best of luck with your new car; I know just how ****ty it feels to have a new Ford that has been in the shop over a full month.