Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

lowering spring differences

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by itsmymilkyway
DD only... i just want a lower stance and hit the curves a little tighter. i feel a bit of roll compared to my genesis coupe... mainly just a lower rid though.
I would recommend our Ultralite springs (drop is 1.25" [F] and 1.5" [R]) and a set of swaybars for you.

That would provide just what you are looking for: lower ride but perfect for a daily driver, improved handling, and reduced body roll.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM
itsmymilkyway
1st Gear Member

i have not given a lot of thought to steeda, i definitely need to look into that... thank you
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

i have not given a lot of thought to steeda, i definitely need to look into that... thank you
Not a problem. I sent you some links with our articles about how our springs and swaybars are better than the competitor's.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:47 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Good info. I've been wanting to do the same and needed to know what the basic items needed to lower the car. Anything within the $600-$800 range would be perfect

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 05-09-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Good info. I'm wanting to do the same and needed to know what the basic items to lower the car. Anything within the $600-$800 range would be perfect
Shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to discuss some options for your purposes.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

thanks... good information from everyone and i will look into those UPR products. first time hearing of them
We are more known for our control arms and k-members than our springs. Like I said, our springs are actually made for us by Eibach. But Eibach springs are probably the most widely used S197 springs on the market. Eibach, UPR, FRPP, Roush, (and who knows who else) all used Eibach to manufacture their lowering springs. It's a huge chunk of the market.

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Not a problem. I sent you some links with our articles about how our springs and swaybars are better than the competitor's.
Paul Brown is sponsored by Eibach and he won the GTS championship last year using Eibach products. Steeda's good too though.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Good info. I've been wanting to do the same and needed to know what the basic items needed to lower the car. Anything within the $600-$800 range would be perfect
At a minimum, shocks/struts, springs, and some form of camber adjustment (I will always recommend Steeda HD plates for street driven cars). If you have wide wheels/tires (285mm and wider) you will want an adjustable PHB. IMO lowering on $600-$800 is asking a bit much. Good shocks/struts are going to be about $450, springs $270 ish, Steeda HD plates, $270. That's just shy of $1000 and doesn't include the adjustable PHB ($130 IIRC).

As for what, I have Steeda Sports, made by Hypercoil, rears are linear rate 2.5" coilover springs in 175 lb/in, and fronts are stock sized, linear rate 200 lb/in springs. Drop is 1" front, 1.25" rear. With the Tokico D-specs, the ride can be a bit jarring even with the dampers full soft over rough bumps, but the streets here in Omaha are worse than some 3rd world countries so that isn't saying much. Over 90% of the bumps in the roads it's not unreasonable but occasionally you find one that really makes you cringe. A lot of that is the D-Specs, the rest is the awesome roads here...
Old 05-12-2012, 09:03 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

After changing my springs I do recommend changing the shocks and struts at the same time, its a pain to do it twice. Also without matched shocks/springs the ride feels a bit bouncy.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Newatthis
1st Gear Member

I've just had a whole set of Steeda suspension installed this week. The car feels completely different, much less roll, dives, and car feels a lot more controlled and solid. I have the Steeda pro action dampers, sports springs, adj panhard bar, and upper HD mounts/plates. It feels a lot more "connected" to the road, feeling the dips, and such, compared to the floatier, more isolated feel of the stock setup, so the changes have all been very positive for the ride and drive experience. Plus....the car looks so much better lowered. I'll post up pics later on in a new thread. Basically, it's been a really great mod.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

It depends on everything else you put in

For example.. my 1"/1.9" springs with nothing else rode a lot worse than my current H&R Super Sport 1.7"/2.4" drop with Koni STR.T

Quick Reply: lowering spring differences