Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New with a few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrzyHrs
I have the SLP LM and I LOVED them when I had my cats and stock headers. I recently put a set of Kooks long tubes and a Kooks off road x-pipe (no cats) and its stupid loud. It sounds amazing going down the track and it's not so bad running 75MPH down the road. However, I have a few rattles that get VERY annoying and I haven't fixed them yet... If you're just wanting a muffler delete, go to your closest exhaust shop and have them custom build you a catback system and just buy the tips (wish I would have done that) instead of spending the $400+ on a 3 inch pipe that's all of 4 feet long.
Oh wow. Good information here. So it would be best to go ahead and have a muffler shop mandrel bend me some pipe and it will come up cheaper? If that is the case then you sold me on it, and now i need to start emailing some shops in Houston to see what that would run me.

Really appreciate everyone's input, you guys are all awesome!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

I just got the bassanui axle backs for mine and they sound awesome! I'll post a video as soon as I can. My next upgrade is wheels and tires. The stock ones are too small and don't put the stock power to the ground much less after it's been boosted. Might want to consider wheels and tires up front. Just my. 02
Old 05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Enochius
I just got the bassanui axle backs for mine and they sound awesome! I'll post a video as soon as I can. My next upgrade is wheels and tires. The stock ones are too small and don't put the stock power to the ground much less after it's been boosted. Might want to consider wheels and tires up front. Just my. 02
Wow lol you read my mind. As for the video, wont be able to watch it over here, I will have to check it out in a couple of months. As for the wheels and tires, that is what i am looking at as well. 18+ to me seems like a big *** rim lol. I was very interested in MT since i had NITTO on my cobra. What do you think would be solid for this car? I would like it to be 9 in the front and 10+ in the rear if possible. Actually looking around on AM right now lol. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

I was looking on AM but the tire selection for 19" rims is terrible and the 18" rims have to much sidewall. So I have decided on 20"x8.5" for the front and 20"x10" in the back. Found some 20" rims that are lighter than my factory 18's. Check out Godspeed wheels if you get the chance. I love the style and from what I can see no one makes a lighter wheel.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I would buy a 17" rim and a set of MT's to go one them. On my stock 19" rims I'm running a 275-40 and it hooks up great on the street from a roll, but on the track it just doesn't have the grip to hook up. My fastest run with everything I have on it is a 12.550 at 115MPH but I'm consistently running low 13's which is VERY depressing. As far as the exhaust goes, I've got about $2000 from the headers to the off road x to the axle back exhaust. I had a buddy tell me that he knows of a couple shops that could have built an x-pipe and the rest of the setup for $250. I'm not sure if that would be aluminum or stainless though. Everything under my car from the headers back is stainless minus the pipe with the resinators on it. I'll be removing those soon though, replacing them with a mid-pipe muffler.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

I was looking on AM but the tire selection for 19" rims is terrible and the 18" rims have to much sidewall. So I have decided on 20"x8.5" for the front and 20"x10" in the back. Found some 20" rims that are lighter than my factory 18's. Check out Godspeed wheels if you get the chance. I love the style and from what I can see no one makes a lighter wheel.
Wow 20inch rims lol. Never thought i would ever be looking at this size. It seems once you hit 18+ it gets stupid expensive. You think since i am running the GT track pack i should be fine with my 19x9 initially, or should i pull them off and sell them from like 1grand with 20 miles on them lol? Will look into godspeed when i get the chance, thanks.

Originally Posted by CrzyHrs
I would buy a 17" rim and a set of MT's to go one them. On my stock 19" rims I'm running a 275-40 and it hooks up great on the street from a roll, but on the track it just doesn't have the grip to hook up. My fastest run with everything I have on it is a 12.550 at 115MPH but I'm consistently running low 13's which is VERY depressing. As far as the exhaust goes, I've got about $2000 from the headers to the off road x to the axle back exhaust. I had a buddy tell me that he knows of a couple shops that could have built an x-pipe and the rest of the setup for $250. I'm not sure if that would be aluminum or stainless though. Everything under my car from the headers back is stainless minus the pipe with the resinators on it. I'll be removing those soon though, replacing them with a mid-pipe muffler.
Do you think 17" will have the clearance with the brembo brakes and everything? If that is the case i would love to go with some 17's lol. I wont be doing headers i dont think for a while. I think i will just have to make contact with a couple of muffler shops and see what their thoughts are, i mean come on cant argue with 250$ for piping lol. they have aluminum piping, good to know lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

With the brembos, the minimum wheel size is 19"
Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

With the brembos, the minimum wheel size is 19"
Crap. Okay. Checking out godspeed.com now. Hopefully this wont cost an arm and a leg, as i rather not blow all my money now lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

The ones I am about to get are about 2800 for wheels and tires
Old 05-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

The ones I am about to get are about 2800 for wheels and tires
And arm and a leg it is, lol! Is it possible to link the wheels / tires you are getting? I might just wait until all the rubber on these bad boys are gone until i do that. I looked and i like the wheels they have just super expensive lol.