Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New with a few Q's

Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

Yeah, tirerack.com had some good ones too. It just seems like all 20's are expensive. As soon as I get on my computer I'll post it.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Enochius
Yeah, tirerack.com had some good ones too. It just seems like all 20's are expensive. As soon as I get on my computer I'll post it.
I tell you what, you are the man (or woman lol). tirerack.com has a really good selection! Not an arm and a leg for the ones i am looking at as far as wheels, don't know about tires yet lol. Thanks again!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

No problem!!! When you find what you want post it up! Lol
Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

Here one of the ones I am considering.
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....x10OMEGABLKCHR

Here is the other one.
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....MACHULTRALIGHT

Give your opinion maybe that will help me choose. I am torn.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Here one of the ones I am considering.
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....x10OMEGABLKCHR

Here is the other one.
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....MACHULTRALIGHT

Give your opinion maybe that will help me choose. I am torn.
Definitely digging the black chrome! But if you are on a tight budget the other ones are awesome too. Black chrome FTW =)

From AM which ones do you think? Mine will be black soooo..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome...itto-stag.html

or

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...itto-stag.html

and do i have to get the stupid sensor? I have never ever hit a curb in my cobra (5 years driving, 3 of which were young and dumb lol). Still looking at tirerack, i hate they have no good tires! I want comp street tires MT or NITTO lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Enochius
1st Gear Member

I think chrome looks awesome with black! Lol
Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

I think chrome looks awesome with black! Lol
The more i think about it, the more i think you are right lol. I think have decided on what i will go with. Now since you are being most helpful right now, i will fire a few more questions if you choose to entertain them fantastic!

Never having sold anything online ever, should i just ebay the stock (GT Track Pack) wheels and tires? Think like 1000 for the combo is too much if they have 24 miles on them lol?

Here is a tough one, so I will only have a couple weeks in Texas before i have to drive back to California. I am pretty concerned with the breakin process and have a somewhat good general idea. What is the minimum amount of miles i should put on this car before i attempt it (1508 miles to my destination)? What are some tips and tricks here, this has really got me nervous lol.

Is the TPMS an absolute or is it more of a luxury thing?

Thanks again for everything let me know if you have any questions as well lol =)
Old 05-15-2012, 08:40 AM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't worry about the break in at that point. Ford wouldn't build a motor that you couldn't put 2,000 miles on the day you drive it off the showroom floor. I'd change the oil in it when I got back, and I would use a synthetic blend. I think a lot of guys use the motocraft, which is what Ford recomends.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrzyHrs
I wouldn't worry about the break in at that point. Ford wouldn't build a motor that you couldn't put 2,000 miles on the day you drive it off the showroom floor. I'd change the oil in it when I got back, and I would use a synthetic blend. I think a lot of guys use the motocraft, which is what Ford recomends.
So I should do the first one at 500 miles then another at 3000 correct? I should be fine as long as i do not just sit at one RPM correct? Just make sure i vary speed and take frequent breaks? I agree that i shouldnt have to worry about it but i am still a wee bit nervous lol. 1995 is alot different then a brand new 2013 lol. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I changed the oil in my 2012 the first time at 1500 miles. You still got the break in oil running through the motor and I've heard you don't want to change it so soon so I waited till 1500. I changed the oil again at 3,000 miles and then I run anywhere between 4,000-5,000 miles between oil changes now. I would invest in a JLT oil seperator, its a little over $100 on American Muscle (where i buy ALL my mustang parts) and it will trap the oil running back to the intake from the motor. Especially if you start to do some bolt on mods. My first 3 purchases were the axle back exhaust, a JLT CAI, and a tuner from Bama. When you buy the tuner you get the 3 free tunes (street, performance, and race) and free tunes for life. Also I wouldn't run anything lower than 93 octane either. All 3 of my tunes are set up for 93 octane.

Search this Thread